DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Track flyaway or pilot error?

RichUK

Reactions
Hey,

Had my Air around 2 weeks now and I'm really enjoying it! Not my first drone - had a P3A and a Spark so not entirely new to it all.

Today I had a bit of a worrying moment. Got a GPS lock and took off then went straight to active track. I don't remember clicking 'go' but it was looking for something to track, having 3 or 4 people in the shot.

It then seemed to shoot off down the beach towards the sea, apparently without any input from me initially.

It wasn't seemingly responding to any stick movements until I either clicked it into sport or clicked pause.

Can anyone please have a look at the log to see if it was me, active track or both?

It felt like there was an issue with active track, which I then overcompensated for and flew backwards towards the sea myself. It all happened quickly so can't remember what order everything occurred in.

I've never had reason to upload my log, could someone please help me in that area too?

Thanks!

Also, I'm more than happy for this to be pilot error, would rather that than not trust active track again.

Finally, I did try active track again and it was drifting slightly. Does it find it difficult to stay in the wind whilst in this mode? It was fairly windy, maybe 13mph.

Thanks for anyone's help

Can anyone please have a look at the log to see if it was me, active track or both?
Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here. You'll find instructions for locating your TXT flight log at that link.

Yep, it works just fine. We cross-posted ;)

Where exactly did it seem to shoot off down the beach towards the sea?

Location.jpg

At about the one minute mark, your Mavic Air traveled 17 feet in ActiveTrack on its own until you start controlling it with the sticks. And then it flew another 12 feet before ActiveTrack was cancelled.

Thankyou, I think the issue is that yes it travelled in Active Track, but was doing so towards the sea, which I wasn't very close to, and neither were any potential subjects. It felt as though it went into active track and then took on a mind of its own. Is that possible?

Can you tell anything about any stick movements whilst I was in Active Track for those 17 feet as I know it's possible to move further away or ascend and descend whilst in it.

Thanks for the help so far.

It felt as though it went into active track and then took on a mind of its own. Is that possible?
Yes, that's quite possible. When using any automated flight modes on DJI drones, you should be ready to take over control at any moment if something does not go as planned.

Can you tell anything about any stick movements whilst I was in Active Track for those 17 feet as I know it's possible to move further away or ascend and descend whilst in it.
You can download a CSV file from the log you linked above. It includes all of your stick movements.

Thankyou, I may have figured it out after playing around with it.

I drew a box around something, or thought I did to track it. I think the Mavic thought the box I drew was huge so it flew backwards to try and get it in shot. It didn't actually pick up on the object I drew around I don't think. Bit odd but seems like an active track issue rather than anything more problematic....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs