DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active track following a speed boat

Very cool and impressive work by your bird. Yeah, you must've been in sport mode but I'm curious as others are how fast you were going most of the time. Do you know when you switched to profile mode? It looks like it around the 2:40 min mark.

That was not sport mode and active track only works on normal mode..

as for the profile mode i have no idea as i just kept testing the various tracking options like profile mode but the best was the auto rotation.

Reactions: Merlin23
Outstanding Vid. Thanks for sharing. I too need to explore the true capabilities of the Mavic

A friend of mine tested this some time ago. (Raw video)

Last edited:
Reactions: sho'nuff
People are asking and I too am curious. What was your speed. Also, how did you stop the mavic thereat the very end? It was nice and dramatic.

How did you do this? I've tried following my boat only to realize when I get to around 22-23 mph the drone stops following me. I would like to be able to take shots from the front at cruising speeds.

Nice shot ,I think it can use a better sound track like Miami Vice.

I believe you have to be in miles per hour to get good speed.
If in km/hr it will only go 15km at least mine is like that.
I am still on .400 firmware

Should be able to start filming with the mavic from my boat in a couple of weeks across the Great Lakes in Michigan. Pretty excited about it. Nice video.

Reactions: Lapeer20m
I believe you have to be in miles per hour to get good speed.
If in km/hr it will only go 15km at least mine is like that.
I am still on .400 firmware
What? Really?

How/why should the measure affect the performance?

Amazing video! Pretty cool! Like Qoncussion said "It's like having Steven Spielberg in your pocket."
I will definitely try this.
I have the Mavic, now I have to purchase a boat. :cool::p

I did this one in Profile mode & follow me mode. Seemed like it was good up to about 21mph, then couldnt keep up with boat any longer.
The edit was pretty fast/easy in the Go4app just using the raw video on the phone in the Go4App

Reactions: robelee and ed1nh0
Just curious. Did you notice when it flight sideways the horizon looks a little bit tilted (am I correct to say "tilted"?)
Take a look again specially in the very beginning of the video.
Is this behavior correct? I mean, even sideways the horizon should be leveled, right? When it stops or fly forwards the horizon level correctly.

About the speed, I think it did the job well, perhaps the wind was against it, don't you think?

Great video, I've tried to get mine to follow my daughter around a motorcross track with disappointing results. At first it was pulling up every time it got near a jump as the forward sensors were still on then it wouldn't fly fast enough to keep up

I did this one in Profile mode & follow me mode. Seemed like it was good up to about 21mph, then couldnt keep up with boat any longer.
The edit was pretty fast/easy in the Go4app just using the raw video on the phone in the Go4App
Too blue.

Did you turn all the obstacle avoidance off especially the sonic sensors that look down? That might be the secret to your success? Also, curious to how high you wee flying? Great job.. Next time I go out in my boat, I will try this.

Reactions: RiverRunsByIt
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom