DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Track in Photo Mode

c.oberschneider

Reactions
Site
www.oberschneider.com
I'm quite sure that the last time I was using Active Track in photo mode a few months ago, the camera lost the subject after taking a shot. This was annoying but more or less understandable, as I was under the impression that the main camera was used for tracking, and closing the shutter for taking a photo would make it lose the subject.

Playing around with the active track feature yesterday, I was surprised to see that it works flawlessly in photo mode! I was tracking a sailboat at sunset, and the camera stayed glued on it while I was taking photo after photo. Brilliant!

Is this a newly added feature or was it always working that way?

Thanx for raising this question even if I can't answer it.
But before I read it I wasn't even thinking about using active track in photo mode! 😲
Perhaps I should read documentation... or buy some brain... 🙄

I'm quite sure that the last time I was using Active Track in photo mode a few months ago, the camera lost the subject after taking a shot. This was annoying but more or less understandable, as I was under the impression that the main camera was used for tracking, and closing the shutter for taking a photo would make it lose the subject.

Playing around with the active track feature yesterday, I was surprised to see that it works flawlessly in photo mode! I was tracking a sailboat at sunset, and the camera stayed glued on it while I was taking photo after photo. Brilliant!

That is pretty cool, I had no idea you could even do that. I will definitely try it out. Thanks for the info!

Does it also work with the 7x telephoto camera, or only the main camera?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan