DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Track in Photo Mode

c.oberschneider

Reactions
Site
www.oberschneider.com
I'm quite sure that the last time I was using Active Track in photo mode a few months ago, the camera lost the subject after taking a shot. This was annoying but more or less understandable, as I was under the impression that the main camera was used for tracking, and closing the shutter for taking a photo would make it lose the subject.

Playing around with the active track feature yesterday, I was surprised to see that it works flawlessly in photo mode! I was tracking a sailboat at sunset, and the camera stayed glued on it while I was taking photo after photo. Brilliant!

Is this a newly added feature or was it always working that way?

Thanx for raising this question even if I can't answer it.
But before I read it I wasn't even thinking about using active track in photo mode! 😲
Perhaps I should read documentation... or buy some brain... 🙄

I'm quite sure that the last time I was using Active Track in photo mode a few months ago, the camera lost the subject after taking a shot. This was annoying but more or less understandable, as I was under the impression that the main camera was used for tracking, and closing the shutter for taking a photo would make it lose the subject.

Playing around with the active track feature yesterday, I was surprised to see that it works flawlessly in photo mode! I was tracking a sailboat at sunset, and the camera stayed glued on it while I was taking photo after photo. Brilliant!

That is pretty cool, I had no idea you could even do that. I will definitely try it out. Thanks for the info!

Does it also work with the 7x telephoto camera, or only the main camera?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc