DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

active track issue

pencain

Reactions
Hi I have trouble using active track- I put the drone above me and as I walked forward the drone wouldnt move location but tried to track me by tilting camera, until I moved off screen and it lost me. I tried all day to get it to work with no luck. Worked fine the previous day, in a different location. I could fly the drone in any direction, so this issue only related to active track. I had a few thoughts- I got a message onscreen that I was close to a restricted fly area (Were 10 km from an airport, so not in a no-fly zone and anoyed that the app made this unnencesary alert) and am not sure if this imacted on active track? Also, Id been using Lichi the previous day, but used DJI app this day becasue I read that the DJI active track was superior to Lichi. Not sure if that impacted. I had restarted all components and Litchi wasnt open at the time. Any advice welcome..

If you are under a runway flight path, then even at 5km you may be restricted by the DJI geofence. Check the Go map and/or geomap in flysafe.dji.com. If the area is blue on the DJI map, you should be able to unlock.

Thanks for this. Im in UK so also checked via: www.noflydrones.co.uk, so I know it should have been safe to fly. Interestingly the noflydrones site gives a wider area of no fly than the DJI flysafe. Eitherway, it was not in a nofly zone, however I did get this screen warning that I was 'close' to a restricted zone, but it didnt accord with any information on either source map. Would there be a glitch that made the drone think it was a geofence? Is this drone flight behaviour on active track the type of thing that would happen if it thought there was a geofence, or is it another type of glitch? Asking because it was so frustrating and dont want it to happen again...
thanks!
http://www.noflydrones.co.uk/

I wouldn't think your AT symptoms are related to the "near restricted area" but possible. Again the map in the app should point out what it believes you are near. You may need to enable map settings to see the zones.

When in active track mode - check that you are in "Trace" mode. The behaviour you describe sounds like it is in Active Track > Spotlight mode. This option will track you via Gimbal movement only while the drone hovers and holds its position. I.E the camera will follow you around but the Mavic itself will not follow you.

Although having said that, you say it loses you when you move off screen which doesn't sound right for Spotlight mode. This is what I would check first though - that you are in trace mode and not spotlight mode.

Hi I have trouble using active track- I put the drone above me and as I walked forward the drone wouldnt move location but tried to track me by tilting camera, until I moved off screen and it lost me. I tried all day to get it to work with no luck. Worked fine the previous day, in a different location. I could fly the drone in any direction, so this issue only related to active track. I had a few thoughts- I got a message onscreen that I was close to a restricted fly area (Were 10 km from an airport, so not in a no-fly zone and anoyed that the app made this unnencesary alert) and am not sure if this imacted on active track? Also, Id been using Lichi the previous day, but used DJI app this day becasue I read that the DJI active track was superior to Lichi. Not sure if that impacted. I had restarted all components and Litchi wasnt open at the time. Any advice welcome..
Sounds like you were in spotlight mode in active track. In spotlight mode the drone doesn't move.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis