DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Track Minimum Altitude Reached?

CNEEL89

Reactions
Was doing some active track testing the other day, following my car, and after a few seconds the MA2 stopped dead with the error message "Minimum Altitude Reached". In checking it showed the Alt. as -81 ft. from my home point, seeing as how I live on a steep hill, I can only go a couple hundred feet down the road before hitting that altitude.

Anyone have a work around for this? It's a pain to try and find the absolute lowest takeoff point, given the areas I would use active track.

Was doing some active track testing the other day, following my car, and after a few seconds the MA2 stopped dead with the error message "Minimum Altitude Reached". In checking it showed the Alt. as -81 ft. from my home point, seeing as how I live on a steep hill, I can only go a couple hundred feet down the road before hitting that altitude.

Anyone have a work around for this? It's a pain to try and find the absolute lowest takeoff point, given the areas I would use active track.
I did not know there was a minimum altitude, but I normally don't fly downhill. That is 25 meters. Maximum altitude is 500 meters.

I am not aware of a way to reset the home altitude other than to land the drone at the lower altitude and takeoff again.

Just to clarify, I had no issue manually flying below -81 ft. I routinely go to -400 or so in my back yard, its just the active track that appears to have this limit.

Reactions: Thomas B
After a brief conversation with DJI, they said there should be no negative altitude limit for active track, and suggested downgrading, then upgrading my firmware, to "refresh" the firmware.

Will give that a try tonight!

Did the refresh work? I have the same issue, was trying to track a car over a gently undulating road.

I’ve noticed that the minimum altitude issue in Active Track seems different depending upon what is tracked. If I track a vehicle the software alerts minimum altitude at a higher value than if I track a person. I assumed this was related to the speed at which vehicles and people were assumed to travel. In the cases I observed all of the values were positive (not related to flying below the point of launch).

Howard

I’ve noticed that the minimum altitude issue in Active Track seems different depending upon what is tracked. If I track a vehicle the software alerts minimum altitude at a higher value than if I track a person. I assumed this was related to the speed at which vehicles and people were assumed to travel. In the cases I observed all of the values were positive (not related to flying below the point of launch).

Howard
For us the active track literally started then stopped. The drone would not even follow just displayed the error and told us to alter the altitude, it was hovering about 3.5m off the ground. Which was well above the home point... hopefully a refresh might do the trick :)

I did not know there was a minimum altitude, but I normally don't fly downhill. That is 25 meters. Maximum altitude is 500 meters.

I am not aware of a way to reset the home altitude other than to land the drone at the lower altitude and takeoff again.

There is and I just found out the hard way. I have the MIni 4 Pro and flew it yesterday to test a waypoint created for the Mavic 3 Pro. Waypoints altitude was set at 150Ft for all points. First test, after pressing the Go button, the mini ascended to the specified height of 150ft, then the message: "Aircraft reached min flight altitude. Waypoints Flight suspended" and the mini just hovered. I pressed the waypoints play button but it won't go anywhere. Pressed the home button finally and responded with Automatic RTH. When it reached above the home point and start the descent, i noticed that the descend speed was hovering at -0.7mph. Very excruciatingly slow even if I pull down fully the stick. It is as if it's not going down at all! although the altimeter shows otherwise albeit very slowly. Finally, after about what seems like 10 minutes of descent, it landed but missing the landing pad shamefully.:) 2nd test, the mini ascended to 150 ft but instead of commencing to fly forward to the first point, it continued it's ascent to almost 200ft then the message "Aircraft reached min flight altitude. Waypoints Flight cancelled " but continued its ascent. AT this point, I panic and just pressed the RTH button. Ascending was still very very slow. I packed up and went home to research this weird and confusing message. After an hour or so researching this error message, I found out that this has something to do with altimeter and vision systems, the 3D infrared vision system, which the Mini 4 Pro now has at the bottom of the body. Further investigation and inspection of the mini, I found out that the vision system, the downward and the 3D infrared vision system was blocked, albeit partially, by the landing legs I used. Why it was blocked? the landing gear was designed for the Mini 3 pro and not for the 4:( Stupid Me!:( I proceeded to remove the landing legs and redid the Waypoints test. Voila! everything was working fine even the speed of descent and precision landing. Patted my mini for a job well done. MY mistakes. I have the screen shots to upload if any one cares to view it. Thanks!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661