DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Back into flying after 6 year pause. Couple of questions about Mini 4 Pro

ShonnyRotten

Reactions
My drone used to be first Mavic pro.And since then I haven't had any other drone, so couple of things are a bit confusing to me on Mini 4 Pro, so I want to ask the community to guide me:
  1. When recording the video during flight, the blinking green lights on the drone turn off, so if it's a bit dark, it is hard to maintain a LOS. Is there any solution to this?
  2. Original propeller holder by the DJI is terrible and it's very clumsy to put it on. Is there a good alternative you can suggest, that's easier to put on?
  3. What is the point of having an SD card on the RC2?
  4. On Mavic Pro i could assign the changing of exposure to the dial. I can't find that option on Mini 4 Pro. It's not possible?
  5. I was doing an active track, paralel, just walking, and at some moment, drone refused to go above 20 meters. It gave me the message "Maximum Altitude Reached". I checked, the altitude was sset to 120m. No specific altitude for active track was available. I am not sure what it can be. Couple of things I recall: I had a side obstacle avoidance a minute before. Battery was going low, around 15-20%. And also the zone was a grey zone, which says fly with caution, but after I took off again later with a new battery, i had no issues exceeding 20m altitude. What could have it been?

Reactions: 4006448
All good questions!
1) I haven't seen the green lights go out during recording. Mine don't
2) Agreed, the original propeller holder IS terrible, BUT the gimbal cover is much better than previous models. A thick rubber band does the trick, although since I use a hard case, I don't use a propeller guard at all.
3) You can save your videos to the RC2 controller so you can store a lot of videos on there. They are not the same high def as the ones in the drone on that SD card but you can save a lot there.
4) I can't answer that.
5) I believe because you battery was so low and almost at the point of automatic RTH, it wouldn't let you climb to altitude, saving whatever battery was left for RTH.
I hope this helps. I'm sure others will add information. Enjoy you return to droning!!

All good questions!
1) I haven't seen the green lights go out during recording. Mine don't
2) Agreed, the original propeller holder IS terrible, BUT the gimbal cover is much better than previous models. A thick rubber band does the trick, although since I use a hard case, I don't use a propeller guard at all.
3) You can save your videos to the RC2 controller so you can store a lot of videos on there. They are not the same high def as the ones in the drone on that SD card but you can save a lot there.
4) I can't answer that.
5) I believe because you battery was so low and almost at the point of automatic RTH, it wouldn't let you climb to altitude, saving whatever battery was left for RTH.
I hope this helps. I'm sure others will add information. Enjoy you return to droning!!
Wow thanks a lot! All is clear!

1) Which firmware is yours running? Mine is final and the green blinking lights def turn off when recording is on.

Aircraft Firmware 01.00.0300 Says that the latest.
I just took out my drone, set it on the desk, started it up and green lights are on. SON OF A GUN... WHEN I RECORD VIDEO, THE GREEN LIGHTS GO OUT!

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!! MAYBE WE NEED A NEW THREAD JUST FOR THIS PROBLEM?

Last edited:
Regarding the 20 m altitude limit, it may be that you aren't signed into your DJI account on your phone/controller.

An SD card in the controller is very useful on that day when you realize the card for your drone is back home in the computer.

You can save screen recordings to the SD card in the RC2.

#4: Adjusting EV is one of the options for customization of C1/C2 + right dial.

1. Original propeller holder by the DJI is terrible and it's very clumsy to put it on. Is there a good alternative you can suggest, that's easier to put on?
It takes me forever to get that thing on. I don't have one for the m4p, but I do have a Sunnylife for my Air 2s, and would guess Sunnylife's would be nice. The Air 2s one is well designed and takes 1/2 a second. The DJI Mini 4 one takes me what feels like 5 minutes.

Mini 4 Pro Prop Holder Propeller Fixator Stabilizer with Bottom Cover Protector For DJI Mini 4 Pro Drone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas