DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Actual Weight.

Lastrexking

Reactions
I’ve just had the opportunity to see the Mini in the flesh here in the UK. I took my air along to compare the size and there’s barely anything in it, which is surprising given how many more features and much higher spec the Air has.
Obviously the weight of the Mini is much less, but here in the UK all that’s gaining you is not paying the £9 registration fee.
Or, is it? We put the Mini on the scales and it came in at 271g. We then got a second set of scales and it came in at 273g. Up to this point the supplier was happy for me to put the size comparison photos online. But, after the weigh in they asked that I didn’t mention their company in case DJI got wind. Make of that what you will.

It would be good if anyone else with a unit to hand could weigh one. It could be this one unit was an odd one out.

edit - correction. I said we weighed the Air - I meant Mini.

Last edited:
I’ve just had the opportunity to see the Mini in the flesh here in the UK. I took my air along to compare the size and there’s barely anything in it, which is surprising given how many more features and much higher spec the Air has.
Obviously the weight of the Mini is much less, but here in the UK all that’s gaining you is not paying the £9 registration fee.
Or, is it? We put the Air on the scales and it came in at 271g. We then got a second set of scales and it came in at 273g. Up to this point the supplier was happy for me to put the size comparison photos online. But, after the weigh in they asked that I didn’t mention their company in case DJI got wind. Make of that what you will.

Ito be good if anyone else with a unit to hand could weigh one. It could be this one unit was an odd one out.

Interesting.Did it still have any stickers on it,was the gimbal cover still on,etc.

Obviously everyone will have to weigh their own before they fly... if they're planning on taking advantage of any sub 250g regs they might fly under.

Reactions: Lastrexking
Interesting.Did it still have any stickers on it,was the gimbal cover still on,etc.

Nope. It was flight weight as I’d just given it a spin.

There is a YouTube channel called ikopta where the host, Dylan, compares the stated weight and the weight he records on his scales over three or four DJI models.

In all cases there is a measurable difference and in all but one the difference was the “Wrong way”.

With 1g leeway on the mini, IF I were interested in buying it, I’m certain I’d play safe and register. You May just encounter an official who is being particularly “Diligent “ in the execution of their duties who will check the weight.

If found to be over do you believe DJI will “Ride to the rescue?”

I've seen 2 videos on YouTube where they weigh it with a digital scale with battery and it comes in at 248-249 grams.

Edit: this was without the prop guards attached

I've seen 2 videos on YouTube where they weigh it with a digital scale with battery and it comes in at 248-249 grams.

Edit: this was without the prop guards attached

Interesting.
Didn’t realise, until just now, there are two versions of the battery pack.

If you want the longer flight time of 30 odd minutes then you need the larger capacity battery and apparently that’ll take it over the 250 limit.

If you want the prop guards fitted that’ll take you over.

If you want to fit the stickers, I would suggest they will push your luck.

All in all, it’s not Quite the package we first thought it was.

Personally for £9 a year or $5 for 3 years, I think it’s safer to just register.

Interesting.
Didn’t realise, until just now, there are two versions of the battery pack.

If you want the longer flight time of 30 odd minutes then you need the larger capacity battery and apparently that’ll take it over the 250 limit.

If you want the prop guards fitted that’ll take you over.

If you want to fit the stickers, I would suggest they will push your luck.

All in all, it’s not Quite the package we first thought it was.

Personally for £9 a year or $5 for 3 years, I think it’s safer to just register.

Where did you get the info on different batteries.
Thanks

i hardly think this will be a problem as being already the owner of a MPP i will have to register anyway, regardless of what i am flying at any given time, the real issue will be first time users who are being told that they dont have to register because it is under 250 grams ,and yes if you fly outdoors with the prop cage on then it will be over the limit. the battery difference is the version for Japan it has a different battery only some 1800 mah and a flight time of 18 minutes

Last edited:
Reactions: tcope
Hi
About battery’s for Mavic Mini
There is smaller battery but only for Japan
because for avoid registration in Japan
Drone must be 200g
About register drone or not there only one big plus of Mavic Mini
You can travel and fly your drone in other country, in Mexico for example
Because most of the country’s has same weight requirements

Dave at Drone Valley weighed his, and a at first was troubled. It weighed 252g. Then he realized the gimbal guard was on. Then it weighed 248g.
Great stuff. This is reassuring. If the unit hadn’t have weighed nigh in the same on two sets of scales I wouldn’t have given it a second thought. Hopefully more people will weigh theirs and we’ll have more reassurance.

The guy in that video even said he made a mistake about the weight in the comments. Its 100% under 250 grams. I dont think that guy has even seen one in person yet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22