DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Add 1 More in Cheshire UK

Ben Kenobe

Reactions
What are the odds of two people in the same UK county joining the same day ...

Well I'm another, not new to 'drone' operation been building and flying for a while - Arducopter / Pixhawk, my first multi was an Xaircraft X650, then a DJI 550 with Pixhawk.

Sold everything because I got fed up with the attention 'drones' get (I don't like the term 'drone' ...) just couldn't fly anywhere without attracting the ignorant minority and got fed up of always being on the defensive.

But missed what the hobby brought as I'm into scale modelling and photography - perhaps a smaller quieter bird will attract less interest - so bought a Mavic 2 Pro with a fly more package.

Just need to figure out where I can and can't fly now in the UK - but that's a different conversation.

Reactions: dirkclod
What are the odds of two people in the same UK county joining the same day ...

Well I'm another, not new to 'drone' operation been building and flying for a while - Arducopter / Pixhawk, my first multi was an Xaircraft X650, then a DJI 550 with Pixhawk.

Sold everything because I got fed up with the attention 'drones' get (I don't like the term 'drone' ...) just couldn't fly anywhere without attracting the ignorant minority and got fed up of always being on the defensive.

But missed what the hobby brought as I'm into scale modelling and photography - perhaps a smaller quieter bird will attract less interest - so bought a Mavic 2 Pro with a fly more package.

Just need to figure out where I can and can't fly now in the UK - but that's a different conversation.
Don't know what part of Cheshire you're in but I'm up near Altrincham. I have flown my Mavic in clear sight and no-one has even noticed. Only if someone see's you taking off or landing will you attract attention usually. Once up in the air, you can just park yourself on a bench and for all intents and purposes people passing by just think you're messing around with your phone or playing a game or something. :)

Reactions: Cavski69
Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob

Thanks All, I'm going to try and stick with it, it is something I enjoyed doing but I got so up tight that I didn't feel comfortable flying any more, always felt like I was being watched. That's why when I saw how small the Mavic 2 was and heard how quiet it was that I just had to get one, the technology has advanced so far since I first got into things.

Don't know what part of Cheshire you're in but I'm up near Altrincham

I'm actually on the North East side, almost on the Derbyshire High Peak border - 400 metres from it - (nr Woolley Bridge / Glossop) so there's a lot of nice flying to be had, some of it is a 10 minute walk from the back door.

Thanks All, I'm going to try and stick with it, it is something I enjoyed doing but I got so up tight that I didn't feel comfortable flying any more, always felt like I was being watched. That's why when I saw how small the Mavic 2 was and heard how quiet it was that I just had to get one, the technology has advanced so far since I first got into things.

I'm actually on the North East side, almost on the Derbyshire High Peak border - 400 metres from it - (nr Woolley Bridge / Glossop) so there's a lot of nice flying to be had, some of it is a 10 minute walk from the back door.
You're very lucky. I wish I could say the same. But there's a big international airport just 3 miles LOS from my front door, so no flying anywhere near where I live! I have a holiday home in Wales, much better there fortunately....

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun