DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Add META/EXIF data ?

photo2be

Reactions
Hi, is it possible to add META/EXIF info in the Mini?. Would be great to have my name/URL and phone nbr there already so I can send important pics instantly from the drone to any sms or mailadress. If you have a great valuable pic you have to be quick!

1) I have not found any option that would allow it in any DJI app.
2) For most of the situation it would be rather pointless. Almost all IM app (like Whatsapp, Messenger, etc) and apps like eg. Google Photos (but not always, G.Photos is smarter) may or do repack your photos/videos before they send them and strip ALL metadata from original files. On the other hand sending them via email keeps them usually (app dependent) intact but email is not the best way to share 4K video or 200Mpix panorama... Cloud based solutions are usually the best, because they are transparent for data (again, service/app dependent). So, counting on EXIF "hidden" data that they survive the travel and someone has an app and knowledge to search for them... hmmm... I'd say it's is a big risk.
If you want to mark your work there are decent apps that add a visible watermark or signature, but it requires extra work.

Hi Tibzee,

Thanx for relevant info. I understand that it isn't an option but I just tried. I want the Meta/EXIF data for singel shots.
I have one idea though.. came across right now... I land the drone and take a pic of my bussines card.. and send it togther with the other important pic.... Sorry for the old pic of my Yuneec... crashed 3 month ago.

Attachments

• IMG_3743.jpg
    IMG_3743.jpg
    505.3 KB · Views: 14
Yes. Keep a well scanned card in your phone/tablet/pc/mac/etc memory/disk. You have to use one of these devices when you send a photo/video, right? ;)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N