DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Adding/changing existing FAA numbers

barrybcar

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I’m taking the test for 107 in about a week and a half. I have 5 drones registered as recreational. What will i need to do to register each of these independently for the 107 requirements?

I’m taking the test for 107 in about a week and a half. I have 5 drones registered as recreational. What will i need to do to register each of these independently for the 107 requirements?
Well you never needed to register all your drones separately as a recreational pilot. One registration should have been used for all your aircraft but I’m sure the FAA doesn’t mind the extra cash.

Now you WILL need to register each and every drone you plan to fly under part 107 with its own part 107 registration and remove the recreational FAA#s and replace them with the part 107 FAA numbers.

If you plan to only fly a certain drone or drones under the Limited Exception for Recreational use then you can keep the existing registration on, though I might recommend using the same recreational FAA# for all recreational aircraft if for no other reason then you have less paperwork to keep track of.

Drones registered under part 107 do not need a recreational registration to be flown recreationally but the part 107 registration has to be unique to that drone

^^^^^

Nailed it!! @brett8883 said it perfectly!!

Reactions: brett8883
Thank you.
I never registered all my drones individually.
I realize that I need to register them individually now.
Do i do this the same way I did the original registration or me will it be self explanatory when I go to register them?

Well you never needed to register all your drones separately as a recreational pilot. One registration should have been used for all your aircraft but I’m sure the FAA doesn’t mind the extra cash.

Now you WILL need to register each and every drone you plan to fly under part 107 with its own part 107 registration and remove the recreational FAA#s and replace them with the part 107 FAA numbers.

If you plan to only fly a certain drone or drones under the Limited Exception for Recreational use then you can keep the existing registration on, though I might recommend using the same recreational FAA# for all recreational aircraft if for no other reason then you have less paperwork to keep track of.

Drones registered under part 107 do not need a recreational registration to be flown recreationally but the part 107 registration has to be unique to that drone

Hey Brett. I currently have my Air registered as recreational. I take the 107 test next Tuesday. Can the current rec profile be changed to reflect the 107...or do I create a whole new 107 profile?
Thx.

Thank you.
I never registered all my drones individually.
I realize that I need to register them individually now.
Do i do this the same way I did the original registration or me will it be self explanatory when I go to register them?
It’s pretty self-explanatory. It will ask if you want to register as recreational or part 107 and so you would have to choose part 107. The biggest difference is it will ask you for the type of drone and I believe it also asks for the serial number? Can’t remember for sure but I think I remember it does.

Reactions: BigAl07
Hey Brett. I currently have my Air registered as recreational. I take the 107 test next Tuesday. Can the current rec profile be changed to reflect the 107...or do I create a whole new 107 profile?
Thx.
On FAA drone zone? You can add 107 registrations to your drone zone profile but you’ll still have to set up your 107 dashboard. Drone zone separates them by recreational and 107 but you can use the same email and password to login.

0D075AFD-F672-4383-B08A-746D6E49EFA0.jpeg
Still have to pay the $5 for the 107 registration. FAA isn’t gonna let you off the hook for that.

Reactions: scoble08
It’s pretty self-explanatory. It will ask if you want to register as recreational or part 107 and so you would have to choose part 107. The biggest difference is it will ask you for the type of drone and I believe it also asks for the serial number? Can’t remember for sure but I think I remember it does.
Question for Brett.
I'm certified 107, but I've left my drones registered recreational because I use them recreationally only. I never do anything commercial.

That's okay, right. I only have to register a drone as 107, if it's used commercially?
Thank you

Question for Brett.
I'm certified 107, but I've left my drones registered recreational because I use them recreationally only. I never do anything commercial.

That's okay, right. I only have to register a drone as 107, if it's used commercially?
Thank you

If you never intend to fly Commercially then leave them as they are. I have several Hobby Only aircraft and they all carry "MY" hobby registration #.

Reactions: Bekanne
Question for Brett.

Thank you
That’s correct

If I change drones, can I update it, or do I need to re-register?
I had a mavic pro that was stolen in San Francisco and just purchased a Mavic air 2. My registration just expired, so wondering if I should renew and then update, or just create a new registration?

If I change drones, can I update it, or do I need to re-register?
I had a mavic pro that was stolen in San Francisco and just purchased a Mavic air 2. My registration just expired, so wondering if I should renew and then update, or just create a new registration?
If you’re 107.... must register each drone
If you’re a recreational pilot... your same FAA number goes on all drones

Reactions: Mike Oz
If you’re 107.... must register each drone
If you’re a recreational pilot... your same FAA number goes on all drones
Thanks. I'm not 107 (yet) but was curious about the serial number of the drone. Does that get registered as well?
It was 3 years ago, but I thought I entered the serial number somewhere. Can't find that on the site now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure