DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Additional lights at night.

• Thread starter Deleted member 133794
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 133794

What are the legal lighting requirements for flying at night here in the UK.
Was wondering whether the stock lights on our Mavics are enough or if
we are required by law to add additional strobes ect.

Just as a matter of interest what are you thinking of flying over and what are you hoping to see, video or photograph?
Haven't got any hard plans as yet just wondered what the legal requirements
were if and when i try out some night/dark flights. Would probably be video and photo though.

For safe night flying id recommend either the CCKO strobe lights if your keeping it fairly close by OR the best are the Cree strobes - I have 2 fitted and they can be seen clearly at 3 miles away - **** sight easier to see the quad at night than in the day lol

The Crees aint the cheapest and you will either need a pre-made mount OR some good M3 with a cable tie for added security BUT they are 100% outstanding strobes. As your UK based go check out " Grey Arrows" drone club online - a fine group for fun, flying and advice.

Yeah thanks, i'm on Grey Arrows........great forum as well
What do you mean by M3 with a cable tie

Yeah thanks, i'm on Grey Arrows........great forum as well
What do you mean by M3 with a cable tie
M3 is a strong type of velcro to attach the crees to the legs - then belt & braces with a thin cable tie just to make sure it wont fall off. If you know anyone ( or search on Grey Arrows ) maybe you can find someone who does that plastic moulding thing - I had to get mine from the USA from the Cree company. Was well worth the wait & price tho.

so i would be ok popping down the road to the supermarket carpark and whacking my MM up and taking a few photos of the Christmas lights in the dark

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair