DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Adjustment side turn by videos ?

LifeFreeorDie

Reactions
Hey,

at first, I am new here, and I have my drone for 2 weeks. Now I have a question and don't find an answer. When I make a video and like to make a 360 round view inside the video. The movement from the drone is too fast. Can I make anywhere adjust this ?

Thank you for the help

You can customise the sticks to give different amounts of movement/speed
in left/right/yaw etc. if this is what you mean ??

Reactions: THE CYBORG
You can customise the sticks to give different amounts of movement/speed
in left/right/yaw etc. if this is what you mean ??
Yes. That is what I mean. When I make a movie and I try to turn the stick to make a left turn. The speed from the drone is too fast. In the movie you only see a fast movement

Reactions: ckoerner
Yes. That is what I mean. When I make a movie and I try to turn the stick to make a left turn. The speed from the drone is too fast. In the movie you only see a fast movement
Try to customise the sticks in gimbal settings as i said or try tripod mode as A.O mentioned.

Reactions: Mojo1094

Also make sure you are in tripod / cinema mode for slowest drone movements.

The "gimbal" settings in the FlyApp are not super clear, so watching a YouTube video or something to make the right settings. There are 3 settings you can change - for tripod / cinema, normal, and sport modes. Think changing only the tripod / cinema mode settings is best and leaving normal / sport alone - since most of us don't do video in those modes and expect a nice flow.

PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!

Hey,

at first, I am new here, and I have my drone for 2 weeks. Now I have a question and don't find an answer. When I make a video and like to make a 360 round view inside the video. The movement from the drone is too fast. Can I make anywhere adjust this ?

Thank you for the help
Read through your manual to find where you can adjust the settings. You want to slow down the speed of the reaction of your sticks. Go to the settings for adjusting the YAW and speed of the gimbal settings. There are ton of You Tube videos on this. Just type in the name (model) of your drone and settings in the search of the You Tube. example; "Mavic 2 Pro settings for gimbal and YAW."

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Read through your manual to find where you can adjust the settings. You want to slow down the speed of the reaction of your sticks. Go to the settings for adjusting the YAW and speed of the gimbal settings. There are ton of You Tube videos on this. Just type in the name (model) of your drone and settings in the search of the You Tube. example; "Mavic 2 Pro settings for gimbal and YAW."
Many thanks for the feedback from all.

I found this video on YouTube.

I have now the firmware version 1.1.0610. The actual one.

In the video - he is talking about the EXT settings. But i don't find them. I found the

Control/ Advanced Gimbal Settings / Cine Smoth mode

pitch speed is 7
Pitch Smoothness 20
Yaw Speed 30
Yaw Smoothness 8

I dont find the menue from the EXT

Here they say it is not posible

Thanks for the help

Also, don't treat the sticks like a gorilla would. VERY fine movements from the center stick position will give you smooth results along with yaw/gimble speed/smoothness adjustments.

Here's a test I did right after DJI added speed/smoothness adjustments. The entire video was shot in "Normal" mode.

Also, don't treat the sticks like a gorilla would. VERY fine movements from the center stick position will give you smooth results along with yaw/gimble speed/smoothness adjustments.

Here's a test I did right after DJI added speed/smoothness adjustments. The entire video was shot in "Normal" mode.

Wow - thank you for the video. I really like it and hope after a few hours - I can do the same nice videos.

Other question - whitch software do you used for cutting and preparing the video?

that's some nice camera control there.

Reactions: Pappy
that's some nice camera control there.
I have practiced enough to the point where it's automatic. as far thumb movements and gimbal control is concerned. Once you get to this level I just concentrate on the live feed and say to myself you need to slow it down just a bit more or you're not quite in sync with the camera rising (throttle control) and the subject remaining in the frame (gimbal wheel control), etc. BTW I use thumbs lightly touching the top of the sticks. I tried the pinch method, but it was too hard to control the gimbal wheel and use the left stick at the same time.

I have practiced enough to the point where it's automatic. as far thumb movements and gimbal control is concerned. Once you get to this level I just concentrate on the live feed and say to myself you need to slow it down just a bit more or you're not quite in sync with the camera rising (throttle control) and the subject remaining in the frame (gimbal wheel control), etc. BTW I use thumbs lightly touching the top of the sticks. I tried the pinch method, but it was too hard to control the gimbal wheel and use the left stick at the same time.
It's what I practice at my home. I fly around outside, it's not all that pretty but I'll circle around a car or my house and keep practicing. I get better every time. I keep getting the direction of the vertical gimbal confused.

I have tried pinch and thumbs. I like how pinch feels but I am with you, I can't get control over the gimbal at the same time. I think playing video games might help. Or at least that's my justification :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes