DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Adobe Premiere Elements 2018

Dave A

Reactions
For video editing from my MPP I'm considering Adobe Premiere Elements 2018. I have been using Adobe Lightroom for a few years now for photo editing.
Opinions on Adobe Premiere Elements 2018 from current users would be appreciated please.

Hi there,

I just installed Adobe premiere elements 2018 and till now im not getting the wanted results.
Im fighting getting correct video output after rendering

I edited 4K video and rendered it to HD but output quality is really bad (grainy) and worse then imput video (4K aswell as HD)

So im struggling with the correct video settings at the moment......

Any luck with the settings in elements?

I'm considering buying elements 2018 for my magic air, but need to know it can handle the 4K and the higher frequency. Do anybody know or tryed?

Yes,
finally got the correct render settings for nice quality video.
The thing is when you open a project you need to choose the correct project settings (it does it also automatically when inporting the first video)
However the default render settings (HD for TV or 4K) Adobe uses, gives finally very poor output quality. With the correct manual settings it will do fine.

I shot most of my video's in 4k 30fps and render it to 1080p (dont have any 4k monitor or TV)
Also render it to 4k and also video quality on laptop looks nice.

I added the settings I use (some things in Dutch but understandable I guess)
Target and Max bit rate 30 is maybe already enough for HD quality (used 60 for 4K and also maybe overkill)

Added example is for 4K rendering. When using HD you can change it to 1920x1080

Always double check the render settings as when you change a parameter it can influence an other parameter which you have to manually correct again (like frame rate)

Attachments

• Project settings.jpg
    Project settings.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Render settings.jpg
    Render settings.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: Andy.C
For video editing from my MPP I'm considering Adobe Premiere Elements 2018. I have been using Adobe Lightroom for a few years now for photo editing.
Opinions on Adobe Premiere Elements 2018 from current users would be appreciated please.
I haven't used Adobe Premiere Elements personally, but I've checked it out, and it looks like a great tool for learning to edit and make videos, albeit at a fairly high price for what you're getting. Another great option for editing videos, is the free version of Davinci Resolve, and I personally prefer it to Premiere Pro due to the faster work flow, and much faster renderings, although the max resolution is 3840X2160 4K.

I use Adobe Premiere Elements 2018, mainly because I’m a cheapskate and I refuse to pay a monthly fee for Premiere Pro. Having said that, I have done plenty of good work in Elements and I have never had the thought “**** - I can’t do that in Elements!” * Elements edits 4K just fine, and also makes perfectly acceptable DVDs and Blu-rays with menus and so on. Under £100 on Amazon.
  • The one exception: Having said that, the one area Premiere Elements is weak on is colour grading although it does have some basic tools. So combining the two ends of the video software spectrum, I often colour grade in DaVinci Resolve (currently v14) first. Resolve is SUPERB at colour grading and I LOVE the waveform monitors which is just what I was used to seeing on oscilloscopes in the past.
I know I could go on and edit in in Resolve as well, but I’m so quick in Premiere Elements, as my daughter would say it’s a case of “CBA”.

Resolve is free for personal use by the way, but be prepared to watch a few tutorials.

The best thing I invested in for editing was an ultra-wide monitor.

I've used AE CS6 (and before CS4,5) for some time, easily editing videos UNTIL I got the Mavic Air UHD. The screen goes Red or Green after a bit trying to edit this video. The 1920X1280 looks okay on my computer and is easy to edit in either MOV or MP4, but 3840X2160 isn't cooperating. Anybody having success with editing 3840X2160 using AE?

See above.

I would add, I have now started to to learn editing in Resolve. It's non-trivial, but it is free for personal use! Watch a few tutorials and give it a try.

S.

If you have an iPad, you might want to look into LumaFusion. I have an older desktop which struggles sometimes even rendering 1080, and LumaFusion on my iPad can handle 4K easily.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin