DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advanced Flight Certificate CAA - question about emergency contacts

KimberleyGTA

Reactions
Hi all, I am hoping to please get some input!

I am from Toronto and I am in the process of getting my Advanced license.

I am currently putting together my pre-flight and post-flight checklists, including the emergency contact list.

Can anyone offer me some insight as to who/what I should include on the emergency contact list? Please see below for what I have so far.

Also, if anyone has any advice for me when it comes to the in-flight review, I'd really appreciate it!!!

Thanks so much, - Kimberley

Police9-1-1
Fire department9-1-1
Ambulance9-1-1
Flight information Centre (FIC) – 3 for Ontario weather1-866-992-7433
Government of Canada Emergencies and Incident Reporting1-877-992-6853
General Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) questions, concerns or information1-800-305-2059

Reactions: BigAl07
might get more help if you give the (Commercial Drone Pilots ) forum in the list below a look
just a thought

Hi all, I am hoping to please get some input!

I am from Toronto and I am in the process of getting my Advanced license.

I am currently putting together my pre-flight and post-flight checklists, including the emergency contact list.

Can anyone offer me some insight as to who/what I should include on the emergency contact list? Please see below for what I have so far.

Also, if anyone has any advice for me when it comes to the in-flight review, I'd really appreciate it!!!

Thanks so much, - Kimberley

Police9-1-1
Fire department9-1-1
Ambulance9-1-1
Flight information Centre (FIC) – 3 for Ontario weather1-866-992-7433
Government of Canada Emergencies and Incident Reporting1-877-992-6853
General Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) questions, concerns or information1-800-305-2059
I would suggest this website below. Foremost authority with Canadian regulations and info.

Reactions: MrHawkeye
Numbers we include:

• Fly away or emergencies, local NAV CANADA Control Tower (there will be an option for emergencies when you call)
    • In Winnipeg, 204-983-6704 option 1
  • Lost link, Control Tower Shift Manager
    • In Winnipeg, 204-983-8338
  • Vertical Flyway, NAV CANADA WXBRIEF
    • 866-992-7433 (866-WX BRIEF)
These numbers are provided to you when you apply for authorization to operate in controlled airspace with NAV CANADA. you can probably find them online as well. Possibly in the CFS also. It's been a while since I've had to look them up.

Flight review, think and walk yourself through the steps of planning and carrying out an operation. Put together a site survey beforehand, determine if you're operating in controlled airspace and take appropriate measures (you probably won't be for your review, but it's worth thinking about to be aware of the steps you'd take), be aware of where you're allowed to operate and what obstacles there might be, be aware of safety rules and especially with respect to flying around and over people and other aircraft, be aware of privacy rules and the weather. It's important to demonstrate that you're aware of VLOS rules, that you're aware of your aircraft at all times and that you're mindful of the safety of yourself and others. I set up out of the trunk of my car and it seemed to be what my reviewer was expecting, others I've talked to have brought along pylons to set up a takeoff area.

We get our new pilots to put together a tabbed binder for flight documents as well with a site survey for the flight review operation, relevant pages from the CFS, emergency numbers & procedures, safety checklists, and usually a weather printout & NOTAMS as well. (uavforecast & NAVCANADA wxbrief are my go-tos). Having organized documentation with you for your flight review helps demonstrate your preparedness and understanding of the requirements.

Good luck!

Reactions: Tamz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djiNonMini