DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advanced Remote Controller settings

wps72701

Reactions
Can someone explain how to adjust the remote controller Advanced settings? See attached screenshot. ThanksEF69B6B2-7084-42B2-9AB3-88E196B928B1.png

Reactions: WyomingCB
1) touch number box, wait for a keyboard to appear, type in a number somewhere between 0.00 & 0.99, press "done" or whatever to get rid of the keyboard.
or
2) touch and drag a graph.
you have to do this for each setting you wish to change and for each flight mode that you wish to change.

Can you explain what each graph represents and what happens with each movement? Top and bottom and side to side? X and Y

think of it as
X=the position of the stick as a percentage of its maximum possible displacement.
Y= the response commanded from the drone as a percentage of the maximum possible response.
X & Y = 0 in the centre and +- 100% at the outer extremities.
Where the graph is steep to vertical a small change in X will produce a LARGE change in Y
Conversely a horizontal or shallow portion of the graph produces a small amount of change in the response (Y) for a 'large' change in X.
These in turn mean that 1deg / % of stick movement (X) will NOT produce the same amount of change in response (Y) in all regions of (X).

I personally dislike that so I set the graphs to a straight line which has the value 0.5 so that any change X always produces the same amount of change in Y.

Last edited by a moderator:
Expo and S shaped curves are to allow you to decrease the around center control for smoother flying and stability. When you push the sticks to extreme you get back full delection. This is for smoother flying at around center stick but allows you full control and deflection of controls at extremes of stick movement. That is the simpified version to answer your question.

What drone and software is this for? Mini SE on Fly app? I didn't know there was ready access to the expo settings like this!

What drone and software is this for? Mini SE on Fly app? I didn't know there was ready access to the expo settings like this!
It is in the new app, update your DJI Fly. It has been already out for about half a month or more. It works with any DJI Fly drone!

Reactions: scro
think of it as
X=the position of the stick as a percentage of its maximum possible displacement.
Y= the response commanded from the drone as a percentage of the maximum possible response.
X & Y = 0 in the centre and +- 100% at the outer extremities.
Where the graph is steep to vertical a small change in X will produce a LARGE change in Y
Conversely a horizontal or shallow portion of the graph produces a small amount of change in the response (Y) for a 'large' change in X.
These in turn mean that 1deg / % of stick movement (X) will NOT produce the same amount of change in response (Y) in all regions of (X).

I personally dislike that so I set the graphs to a straight line which has the value 0.5 so that any change X always produces the same amount of change in Y.
I fully agree. I personally want 25% stick to be 25% throttle and the same for the top end....Directly Proportional.

After flying rc helicopters for years, ive gotten used to a fair bit of expo in the sticks. Plus, i dont have to remember to put it in cine mode for smoother shots.

Thar being said, I can't seem to get the yaw expo to stick. Pitch and roll save just fine, but not yaw. Bug or intended?

It is in the new app, update your DJI Fly. It has been already out for about half a month or more. It works with any DJI Fly drone!
For some reason Fly didn't give me the usual notice that there was an update available this time round. Downloading it now 👍

Reactions: Yaros
After flying rc helicopters for years, ive gotten used to a fair bit of expo in the sticks. Plus, i dont have to remember to put it in cine mode for smoother shots.

Thar being said, I can't seem to get the yaw expo to stick. Pitch and roll save just fine, but not yaw. Bug or intended?
Yaw expo should work but nor in cine mode.

I get that it's unavailable for cine mode. I meant that I like P mode with full expo so I can have cine-like movement with smaller stick movements.
In normal mode it should work, at least it does for me with Mavic Air 2.

For those interested in the adjustments go to the 5:48 mark where Ian works through the adjustments on the controller and explains the setting. Not clear on exactly which drones the update applies to but it appears to be available for drones using the DJI Fly application.

FLY App Advanced settings

Starts @ the 3:30 mark

Last edited:
Yaw expo should work but nor in cine mode.
Fly app version 1.6.9
RC Firmware 01.01.0300

I have had a number of occasions where the settings don't save or seem to changed on their own.

When I make a change I exit the settings change by entering the new value, hitting return (or not--doesn't seem to matter), and tapping in the box of the control being edited or someplace else to get the keyboard to go away. The new value usually appears to be saved, but not always. I will fly if it seems to have been saved. On occasion I will suspect the settings are off, go back in the advanced screen, and will find a different value there--typically 0.9 or the prior setting I overwrote.

Anyone else having this issue?
Any Ideas on who to avoid this?

Mike

I have been controlling flying models and Quadrocopters for years.
Since I learned on a helicopter, the throttle (collective lever) when accelerating, I pull it towards me.
With the DJI Mini SE model, is it possible to change the direction of the throttle so that I have to pull the throttle toward me when taking off?
I would like to buy a DJI Mini Se, but if you can't change the direction of the throttle, unfortunately I can't control the model safely.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78