DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Adventures North of St. George, Utah

IShouldBeWorking

Reactions
Hi all! It's been a while since I've shared any new shots from my trusty Mavic 2 Pro. But I had the chance to spend a socially distanced weekend in the St. George area of Utah this past weekend. It's an area with amazingly colorful landscapes and interesting geology. So I thought I'd post a few stills and a short video. Thanks for taking a look!

This one's a selfie from my Sony mirrorless but I couldn't resist a shot of me and the Mavic with the reservoir and Zion National Park in the distance.
My Mate Nate (small).jpg

Quail Creek Reservoir at sunset - f2.8 1/400 shutter with a ND8 filter
DJI_0851-HDR Small.jpg

Red Cliffs area at sunrise - f9 with 1/160 shutter, no filter on this one
DJI_0641-HDR Small.jpg

And here's the vid. Originally shot in DLog10 at 4k 30fps with 1/60 shutter. Edited in DaVinci Resolve 16. A couple shots are kinda long but my eye can't stop lingering on those red cliffs!

Hi all! It's been a while since I've shared any new shots from my trusty Mavic 2 Pro. But I had the chance to spend a socially distanced weekend in the St. George area of Utah this past weekend. It's an area with amazingly colorful landscapes and interesting geology. So I thought I'd post a few stills and a short video. Thanks for taking a look!

This one's a selfie from my Sony mirrorless but I couldn't resist a shot of me and the Mavic with the reservoir and Zion National Park in the distance.
View attachment 105041

Quail Creek Reservoir at sunset - f2.8 1/400 shutter with a ND8 filter
View attachment 105042

Red Cliffs area at sunrise - f9 with 1/160 shutter, no filter on this one
View attachment 105043

And here's the vid. Originally shot in DLog10 at 4k 30fps with 1/60 shutter. Edited in DaVinci Resolve 16. A couple shots are kinda long but my eye can't stop lingering on those red cliffs!
Utah is a very beautiful state. The topography is spectacular and the colors are ever changing. Great video!!!

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
I am in St George right now......just got my zoom two weeks ago and trying to gain that confidence in it to go get some of these pics.

WDK
Excellent! You'll get some great shots in that area with your Zoom. Even if you don't go out over the water, just take that bird straight up in the air and do a panorama or two. They'd come out great. Be sure to share your shots! Don't forget if you do decide to take off and land from inside the Quail Creek State park, they want you to get a permit when you go in. Enjoy!

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Excellent! You'll get some great shots in that area with your Zoom. Even if you don't go out over the water, just take that bird straight up in the air and do a panorama or two. They'd come out great. Be sure to share your shots! Don't forget if you do decide to take off and land from inside the Quail Creek State park, they want you to get a permit when you go in. Enjoy!

Thank you.....keeping that thought in mind......right now we are full time RV's and have been on the road for the last 4 years. The traveling won't come to an end but we are planning on putting down roots in Mesquite so I will have plenty of time to gather my nerves and skills on this beautiful landscape......heading to Bryce Canyon next week.

WDK

Attachments

• DJI_0198.JPG
    DJI_0198.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 12
Thank you.....keeping that thought in mind......right now we are full time RV's and have been on the road for the last 4 years. The traveling won't come to an end but we are planning on putting down roots in Mesquite so I will have plenty of time to gather my nerves and skills on this beautiful landscape......heading to Bryce Canyon next week.

WDK

I would love to go RVing full time! Maybe after another couple of decades of work. We do have a travel trailer that we do weekend getaways with for now. Mesquite will be a perfect base for all kinds of desert adventures. Enjoy Bryce Canyon! Such a gorgeous place! The land surrounding it would also have some great places to fly. A lot of it is BLM land. There's this one red rock tunnel the road goes through as you approach the park that I've always wanted to have and aerial shot of. Have fun!

Reactions: WDKZoom
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada