DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advertising

phantomi

Reactions
Hi. I am breaking FAA rules if I advertise in social medias like FB? Can I post for example, please ask me, to my inbox, if I can help you for aerial pictures or videos you may need. Do I need special license if it is for "free"?

Hi. I am breaking FAA rules if I advertise in social medias like FB? Can I post for example, please ask me, to my inbox, if I can help you for aerial pictures or videos you may need. Do I need special license if it is for "free"?
I think that's reaching outside of the bounds of "personal use" and shifting it to "commercial"

You'd technically need a different license and coming from somebody that flies planes the FAA doesn't mess around lol

I think if you just helped some buddies out and they just refunded you some "running costs" like food and drinks then since you're not making a profit then that is still personal use.

Crazy laws lol

Reactions: phantomi
If your drone is being used to further a business, it's non-hobby. If you "gave" photos/video to someone and they used it to further their business, could the FAA hold you accountable? I'm guess, yes. Would it ever happen? I seriously doubt it. About the only way it would even come up is someone filed a complaint. Your argument is that you never knew how they would use the files. The FAA has a lot more to worry about then this type of situation.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aeronkat