DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advice needed please

SOMPOMPIR

Reactions
Hi friends!

It appears as flying a drone in an area with a lot of close obstacles requires WAY too much practice and experience which could absolutely and easily be avoided if a drone could just fly at like 1/10th of its speed.
Yes, it can be done manually but no amount of lowering sensitivity comes even close to that. Push a joystick a bit too much and it's already too fast too control, unless a pilot has tens of hours of flying experience.
Is there a way to handle it by settings that I'm not aware of or is there, perhaps, an app or something to just make it fly really slow? Like tripod mode/5 at max.

Thanks!

when it comes to flying your drone ,gaining that gentle stick control is one of the most important things to learn , as they say practice ,practice ,practice, and you will be able to fly very slowly,on some models it is possible to set the Expo of the sticks to help give a gentle curve and then you can learn how much movement the drone makes in relation to the amount of given stick movement

Welcome to the Forum!

Not sure what model you have, but I know some models can be switched to a "Beginner Mode" which restricts flight parameters such as altitude, distance and speed. It is a feature in the Go4 App, don't know about the FLY App.

One issue I've had using tripod mode when maneuvering close to obstacles is that (on the M2Z at least) it turns on all the obstacle avoidance sensors, thus effectively immobilizing the drone under certain conditions. I then need to manually turn the sensors off.

Last edited:
Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User711