DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advice on firmware update

Firedragon61

Reactions
Hi I have a mini 2 and been waiting for the latest app update on the play store but it's clear it's not coming anytime soon I'm still on the 1.2.1app version, about 4days ago In setting I switched on the auto update over wi-fi, while out flying the over day I noticed a firmware update come up, I allowed it to update at home I now have the aircraft on 01.02.0300 RC on 02.00.1200 but the app is still on 1.2.1? I've flown the drone since it drifts a little in hover but it seems ok but a bit concerned the app not being up to date it may cause problems? Should I delete the whole thing and download the app direct from DJI? Is it safe to download get loads of warning saying it not? I've already had a warning from chrome saying my password through DJI has been compromised after allowing that firmware to update?

The play store has not been distributing DJI Fly for a few weeks now, you need to go to DJI's download pages to find the latest version of the app last I checked. There are other threads discussing this issue, do a search..

Reactions: slup
The play store has not been distributing DJI Fly for a few weeks now, you need to go to DJI's download pages to find the latest version of the app last I checked. There are other threads discussing this issue, do a search..
I understand that but why did the firmware direct from DJI only update the drone to the latest version but leave the app on the old 1.2.1 version?

I understand that but why did the firmware direct from DJI only update the drone to the latest version but leave the app on the old 1.2.1 version?
Firmware and the Fly app are two entirely different components, previous versions of the app can probably be made aware of new firmware updates for the AC and RC.. But the Fly App updates using an entirely different process, since its no longer on the Play store. you need to go here..

Reactions: tlswift58
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78