DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advice....

JimPD

Reactions
I have an iPhone who's battery is getting a bit crap.
Went flying today. Left car with phone around 75%
20 minutes walk later set up to fly - phone now showing 43%
Few minutes flying - got a low battery warning (20%)
Few more minutes, got the 10% low battery warning and landed the air

Total maybe 10 minutes flight at best.

Is there any way to charge the phone from the RC while flying so this doesn't happen?

Jim

I have an iPhone who's battery is getting a bit crap.
Went flying today. Left car with phone around 75%
20 minutes walk later set up to fly - phone now showing 43%
Few minutes flying - got a low battery warning (20%)
Few more minutes, got the 10% low battery warning and landed the air

Total maybe 10 minutes flight at best.

Is there any way to charge the phone from the RC while flying so this doesn't happen?

Jim
My cellphone charges when wired to mavic air rc. So to avert depletion i car charge everything so all 100% prior flights. This provides greatest available for flight durate. I am uncertain whether deep depletion is healthy practice cycling from total empty then up to full without any interrupt continuity applying charge. Recall cellphone charging advisory: don't deplete while undergoing charging, meaning have everything off when applying charging and don't interrupt untill complete. It is beneficial to fly as soon as all is up 100%, meaning do not putaway all 100% into storage until flight opportunity decided.

My RC and all batteries were at 100% charged
Its my phone
that's the problem
It was on a good charge level when I left the car but only 43% when setting up to fly
Very
quickly down to 20% warning, then 10% - at which point I dare not continue to fly

My phone doesn't charge from the RC. Tried both USB A and microUSB ports.
I was asking whether there is any way to enable charging from the RC

My RC and all batteries were at 100% charged
Its my phone
that's the problem
It was on a good charge level when I left the car but only 43% when setting up to fly
Very
quickly down to 20% warning, then 10% - at which point I dare not continue to fly

My phone doesn't charge from the RC. Tried both USB A and microUSB ports.
I was asking whether there is any way to enable charging from the RC
My phone asks what do i want by usbC connect if it has juice (options 4 protocol multimedia, data xfr, charge, rev charge)

Yours does it for u on the fly since apple. Somethings not ok with your phone draing down too quick. If not already, check phone maintenance app for phone hdwr to see if particular hdwr is end life or possibly mere application perpetrator juice hogs

Yep - I know the battery is on its last legs

How can I charge it from the RC?

I do have a charging case for the phone - just didn't have it with me

Yep - I know the battery is on its last legs

How can I charge it from the RC?

I do have a charging case for the phone - just didn't have it with me
It is wrongful knowingly using infirmed hdwr software. Wanton desire flying can shortchange your known good equipment connecting an infirmed hardware. Its analogous to that famous quarterback superbowl infirmed arm ruining teams longheld win continuity. Well, maybe that arm was mere propaganda for owner's gentleman agreement who stands down for the betting tides

Are you sure that the battery is the problem. You may have some Apps running, that are using up the battery. Try closing all the Apps and see what happens then

Are you sure that the battery is the problem. You may have some Apps running, that are using up the battery. Try closing all the Apps and see what happens then

Yup, hog programs will drain battery, e.g. video enhance, sync cloud, gps active

The phone may have been running an app. Kind of beside the point.
The simple question I am asking is:- can I charge my phone from the RC or not???

If so, a secondary question would be:- How?

The phone os apple doesnt provide you that same of nougat android7 os, so once cabled into rc microUsb (documentation coherently warns rc can ONLY be charged via microUsb connection which for nougat7 os allows bidirectional charging), apples os senses dji rc hardware responding accordingly, so options to configure charge phone you need to check from pulldown phone menu status and or quick settings, usually at very top screen. My cabled nougat7 auto configs once rc powered on and boots up. Whether or not drone is powered up booted and sensed by rc shouldn't matter.
Did it ever actually charge before when phone battery (alleged yet) was not end life?

Last edited:
Iphone? NO
android it may be possible in the phone setup.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife