DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advise needed for possibile buy M3T

Darkabaz

Reactions
Hello all, a pressing question. I have a fairly small company that provides drone photo and video. But because I have the plan to work less for a boss and want to generate more income myself, my idea arose to buy a Mavic 3 Thermal.

To also be able to offer inspections. With my current work it is mainly the case that I have to make the most beautiful videos and photos, but I doubt whether there is a growth in this.
After all, every boy on the corner of the street has a drone like the mini 2 or 3 and could fix some nice shots for everyone.

That's why I would like to expand a bit by possibly using the Thermal.

Just a few questions, because it is a lot of money to buy one:

- what tasks can be performed with the M3T? I already know: roofs, solar panels, looking for living people/animals...

- what is a normal rate that you can ask for, for example, the inspection of 20 solar panels?

- would you guys advice a M3T for 5499€ or a mavic 2 enterprise adv for 4400€?

Thank guys, for any word or time.

Reactions: Spartan Drones
Hello all, a pressing question. I have a fairly small company that provides drone photo and video. But because I have the plan to work less for a boss and want to generate more income myself, my idea arose to buy a Mavic 3 Thermal.

To also be able to offer inspections. With my current work it is mainly the case that I have to make the most beautiful videos and photos, but I doubt whether there is a growth in this.
After all, every boy on the corner of the street has a drone like the mini 2 or 3 and could fix some nice shots for everyone.

That's why I would like to expand a bit by possibly using the Thermal.

Just a few questions, because it is a lot of money to buy one:

- what tasks can be performed with the M3T? I already know: roofs, solar panels, looking for living people/animals...

- what is a normal rate that you can ask for, for example, the inspection of 20 solar panels?

- would you guys advice a M3T for 5499€ or a mavic 2 enterprise adv for 4400€?

Thank guys, for any word or time.

The M3T can also run mapping missions created right on the RC Pro. This can be waypoints, oblique (advanced area route) amongst others. It also takes nice shots using the SMART function (great dynamic range & good colors/clarity). Video is only ‘ok’ though since there are no options to set and the bitrate is low. Also no H.265.

The Mavic 3 thermal is MUCH, MUCH better than the Mavic 2 EA in every aspect: longer flight times, more maneuverable, better thermal sensor (basic specs might make it look the same, but it definitely is NOT), a dedicated 162mm f/4.4 zoom camera, better/faster RC, more range. It can also fast charge (88 watts) the battery via USB-C, comes with a wicked nice Pelican case, has much better PSDK options available, and has a built-in beacon. I’m sure there’s more, but that should be enough to convince you that it is, indeed, superior.

I got hired by a prison security contractor to fly a prison perimeter every hour at nighttime with my M3T and report any suspicious activity. Monday thru Friday. Bonuses if I fly on the weekends. And I fly from my house since I live close by.

I got hired by a prison security contractor to fly a prison perimeter every hour at nighttime with my M3T and report any suspicious activity. Monday thru Friday. Bonuses if I fly on the weekends. And I fly from my house since I live close by.
LOL good to know… I’ll keep my activities limited to the weekends & only attempt to breakout on Sat & Sun Hahaha.

Reactions: jmeyer1198
Just a question.
Asked dji also, they give no exact answer on it

- the wide 1/2 rgb camera of the M3T is that the same as the Mini 3 pro?
I know there is a bit different in the aperture but further it is the same sensor? 48mp with quad bayern technology. What camera from dji drones is else comparable with this m3t rgb camera? (Mavic air2? Mini 3?)

The reason is ask is i have bought the m3t and do already own the mini 3 pro. Think about selling the Mini 3 if the M3t could create identical photos as the mini 3.

Any who can tell me?

Just a question.
Asked dji also, they give no exact answer on it

- the wide 1/2 rgb camera of the M3T is that the same as the Mini 3 pro?
I know there is a bit different in the aperture but further it is the same sensor? 48mp with quad bayern technology. What camera from dji drones is else comparable with this m3t rgb camera? (Mavic air2? Mini 3?)

The reason is ask is i have bought the m3t and do already own the mini 3 pro. Think about selling the Mini 3 if the M3t could create identical photos as the mini 3.

Any who can tell me?

The Mini 3 Pro has a better camera and will yield you nicer pictures and MUCH better video. You might want to hang onto that. And since it is so small, you’re more likely to have that on you on any given day. The M3T takes great pictures using the SMART picture option. The thermal is ridiculously awesome with the absolute latest in thermal sensors available on the planet.

Mini 3 Pro camera sensor is about 50% larger than M3T sensors and also shoots video in H.265, which the M3T lacks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98