DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aerial Photography in Croatia

PedroV07

Reactions
Hi all!

I’ll be traveling this coming week to Europe for a Mediterranean cruise one of them stopping in Croatia.

Has anyone taken their drone to Croatia, if so, anything I should know specifically? Are there certain rules? I’m a 107 Certified Operator but I know that means nothing in Croatia or Italy.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Pedro

Yes, I have flown in Croatia.

I flew all over Late Plitvice. It was amazing and beautiful. Drone view is even more amazing.

I didn't fly near the coast.

Yes, I have flown in Croatia.

I flew all over Late Plitvice. It was amazing and beautiful. Drone view is even more amazing.

I didn't fly near the coast.

Okay, do you have any suggestions or tips before flying?

My understanding is that the rules are extremely strict and you are essentially unable to fly without a permit from the Croatia equivalent of the FAA. There is this link which goes into some detail Drone Laws in Croatia - UAV Coach.

I also believe you are also not allowed to post footage anywhere without permission.

The drone rules are slightly more strict than the average european country but only by a little. Mostly in Europe recreational is free/unrestricted other than the normal people/height/buildings/line of sight rules. Main differences for recreational is you need to apply for approval before flight, I think it is email,/app wait 7 days type thing. Also no photography at all for recreational, you can only record footage if you are flying under commercial rules, obviously commercial rules are similar to other countries, license/permit/competency/insurance needed etc.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82