DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AFC/MF in latest GO

So after focusing, if I switch to manual mode it will stay in the last focus setting (the one I just tapped to create), not start over?

Yep. And from there you can manually focus with the "wheel" but I find that harder to get right.

Thank You God!! I have been looking all over this forum, DJI website, owners manual, and the internet to find out what the FCK "MFC" does. Someone finally brought it up and thanks to the folks on here, I don't have to feel like a fricking idiot bringing it up. Now I have a much better understanding of it. Trying to still understand the camera behaviors of my Mav and how to really get some good footage and shots. Seems like if I try too hard by adjusting everything ISO/WB/EXP/AF/MF and slapping on filters, etc, things somehow come out crappy. Then, I'll say Fck it and not mess with anything at all and I get an AWESOME video - Go Figure! Someone else did mention in this thread something else I discovered by accident, as far as maintains focus - I touch the screen and it'll focus, I'll flip to MF and flip the dial to infinity. Things seem to stay in focus as I fly over acres of landscape- trees, rivers, houses, etc. Maybe someone else in here can explain why this seems to work. Or maybe I need to have my glasses checked. Just broke 100 flights today byatches!! WOO HOO!! Keep Flyin' y'all!!!

Can someone explain how I use AF instead of AFC? I'm so confused. AFC is very agressive in the latest firmware constantly refocusing. When does regular AF focus?

AFC constantly refocuses the entire flight while I'm recording

Does AFC refocus constantly even while video is recording? In recent firmwares it would only refocus while not recording. I haven't had a chance to test this with the new firmware.

Does AFC refocus constantly even while video is recording? In recent firmwares it would only refocus while not recording. I haven't had a chance to test this with the new firmware.

No, I'm now on .0600 and it won't keep hunting once you start recording, it's fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky