DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Affinity Photo editing software

koco2202

Reactions
I am planning of buying Affinity Photo for editing my DJI and other photos.

I never owned or used any editing software before, and I read pretty good reviews about the Affinity Photo.

Any though if I should go with the purchase and get my first editing software?

I was thinking the Lightroom but I really don't want the monthly subscription.

Thank you

I've used the Adobe suite for a long time and I have to say that they make outstanding products but when they went to a monthly/yearly subscription for me was not worth it. I found Affinity and tried the free trial. Was very impressed with all the features available and for the 1 price with limitless upgrades I figure I couldn't go wrong. They do have extensive tutorials and as the interface is very similar to the other platforms (wink wink) it was very easy to transition. My personal opinion is that it is worth it and very happy with it. Give the free trial a try and see if you like it.

I've been using Affinity Photo for years. Highly recommended. Currently on sale, but was worth it for me at full price.

The only thing Lightroom buys you is photo management. Affinity Photo is more a replacement for Photoshop than Lightroom. If you need photo management I'd suggest looking at other tools for just that that are one-time purchases rather than subscriptions.

Reactions: sar104 and koco2202
Thank you both for the answers, I am on my way to do the purchase.

I would say Affinity is a great program. It does 90 something percent of what Photoshop does, but for a cheap one-time payment. Probably the biggest weakness it has is editing RAW photos, since it's RAW engine isn't quite up to the lever of Adobe Camera Raw or Lightroom. But it's definitely a great place to start!! I use it quite a bit for graphic design type things and more advanced image editing compositing.

Reactions: koco2202
I would say Affinity is a great program. It does 90 something percent of what Photoshop does, but for a cheap one-time payment. Probably the biggest weakness it has is editing RAW photos, since it's RAW engine isn't quite up to the lever of Adobe Camera Raw or Lightroom. But it's definitely a great place to start!! I use it quite a bit for graphic design type things and more advanced image editing compositing.
Thank you very much, I appreciate the answer.

Tried using Affinity as well. It's a useful tool overall with quite clear advantages, though for me it was not as handy as Movavi and Corel Pro. The first one Safe Multimedia Software | Movavi is clearly the best option (for me as a user) in terms of its convenience and easy navigation.

I highly recommend it. It has a great option for editing 360 panoramas. It will give you a live 3D view of your photo instead of the flat 2D photo to edit. The nice thing is you can use most photoshop pluggins to use other edits if you really need to and finish up in Affinity .

Last edited:
Reactions: eva2000 and BigAl07
I used Serif Photoplus (the forerunner to Affinity Photo) through several versions and found it very capable. It was discontinued by the company about 6 years ago and but I stuck with it because it worked, and did everything I would ever need in a photo editor. Recently I was tempted to make the switch by the 90 day free trial and 50% discount offer from Serif. After 3 or 4 days of playing with hundreds of my old photos I was impressed enough to make the change, didn't wait for the 90 days to finish. That was a couple of months ago and I've absolutely no regrets. It takes a little getting used to but the learning curve isn't hugely steep. Make use of the free trial to see whether it's useful for you or not. For photo management I use Nikon, which is free, and can be set up to open photos in Affinity for editing. Caveat: I'm not a pro photographer, just a keen amateur.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121