DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AFKology, drone videos

The castle looks scenic and well maintained with very few tourists. If I was in the area, I’d certainly go take a look.

To critique your video, I will focus only on your drone clips (as this is a drone forum).

In my opinion, your drone clips are incredibly repetitive, which makes them boring. You have exactly SIX drone clips of the castle and FIVE of them are “Point of Interest” clips where you rotate around the castle. One rotation clip is great, two is ok, five is just plain boring and repetitive.

There are heaps of tutorials on the internet that show 20+ different cinematic ways to fly your drone while filming, to add variety to your filming. I would recommend that you to watch one (or more) of these tutorials and start applying these cinematic variations to your filming.

The castle looks scenic and well maintained with very few tourists. If I was in the area, I’d certainly go take a look.

To critique your video, I will focus only on your drone clips (as this is a drone forum).

In my opinion, your drone clips are incredibly repetitive, which makes them boring. You have exactly SIX drone clips of the castle and FIVE of them are “Point of Interest” clips where you rotate around the castle. One rotation clip is great, two is ok, five is just plain boring and repetitive.

There are heaps of tutorials on the internet that show 20+ different cinematic ways to fly your drone while filming, to add variety to your filming. I would recommend that you to watch one (or more) of these tutorials and start applying these cinematic variations to your filming.
I kind of agree with Terry Toast- but the POI's are well done. I would have liked a bit of explanation of what we are seeing so I Googled it and will attach part of what I found (it's a monastery where Vlad the Impaler is supposedly buried- think "Dracula."
I liked the music selection. The editing was well done, but there needs to be more variation in drone shots. I did like the hand held camera of the model visiting the site.

Dale
Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 9.05.42 AM.png

Reactions: afkology
Overall I liked he video. Good music as Dale mentioned. I don't mind some repetitive shots, not repeating the same shot more than once but different shots from similar angles. But, yes, as Dale suggests, a little back-story is good to set the scene. Skip the shot of young woman taking a photo of a display board. Give us more detail shots of the castle. Maybe even fly past the castle to show a little more of the town...it looks interesting.

Reactions: afkology
Overall I liked he video. Good music as Dale mentioned. I don't mind some repetitive shots, not repeating the same shot more than once but different shots from similar angles. But, yes, as Dale suggests, a little back-story is good to set the scene. Skip the shot of young woman taking a photo of a display board. Give us more detail shots of the castle. Maybe even fly past the castle to show a little more of the town...it looks interesting.
Thank you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242