DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

After compass/imu calibration limited distance and altitude

abadrs

Reactions
First if this has been answered sorry for the repost but search didn't show anything. I noticed my Mavic Pro drifting when hovering so I performed a compass and IMU calibration. The drifting was resolved but my first couple tries at flying resulted in controller notifying me that "maximum flight altitude reached" when I was at 150' also it had limited distance. Like beginner mode was somehow activated, it wasn't. After coming back to take off for a few times it was fine. I did restart aircraft after calibrations. I've done this before and this has never happened. Only variable is I'm using a powerextra battery. Thanks

hmm have had a similar problem in that after reviewing calibration of the gimbal it maxed out at 98 feet. I was flying sans tablet/phone. Weather is too dang wet to fly here (Chicago area) to try again today.

First if this has been answered sorry for the repost but search didn't show anything. I noticed my Mavic Pro drifting when hovering so I performed a compass and IMU calibration. The drifting was resolved but my first couple tries at flying resulted in controller notifying me that "maximum flight altitude reached" when I was at 150' also it had limited distance. Like beginner mode was somehow activated, it wasn't. After coming back to take off for a few times it was fine. I did restart aircraft after calibrations. I've done this before and this has never happened. Only variable is I'm using a powerextra battery. Thanks
Recalibrating anything should have no effect on the altitude settings or limits.
Check to see what your Max Altitude setting is and check any airspace restrictions in that area.

Yeah, I wondered about a tfr or similar but nope. Max alititude is set at 400'.

None of my limits were changed. First thing I looked at. Also strange but good I hooked my Nexus 7 tablet back up and it works good. It was unusable for the last year with my Mavic. Did DJI finally do a constructive update? Lol

None of my limits were changed. First thing I looked at. Also strange but good I hooked my Nexus 7 tablet back up and it works good. It was unusable for the last year with my Mavic. Did DJI finally do a constructive update? Lol
On your other tablet, try signing out of your DJI account and signing in again.

Tablet came later after limits returned to normal. I have pretty much had to use my phone exclusively since the last 4 updates. The drone only did this twice. After compass/IMU calibration. I flew it out hit limits and flew it back to me. Flew out second time same thing. Flew back checked limits and made sure beginner mode wasn't on. Flew out third time and it was fine. Not a big deal but it's never happened before

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs