DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AFTER MARKET PROPS

LankALank

Reactions
Just got 4 sets of after market low noise props.its to late and to cold to go out and test them out.ive been having trouble with my screws tighten the prop to tight to we’re it won’t swing freely.i got my screws mix up from my stock and after market. I don’t know it’s just weird.

Probably the shoulder (unthreaded) part of the screws for the new props are different from the stock props due to the bearing surface of the new props being longer. If the new props came with screws, use those. If your mix of screws have different shoulder lengths, use the longer ones.

Reactions: LankALank
Can you return? Suggest original DJI for now. Not expensive and will not fail, like Many aftermarket. Hope yours have Good Honest reviews. And hope you have Care Refresh. Good luck.

As to the replacement prop on a Mavic Mini being hard to turn when the screw is tightened:
If the screw is slightly tilted (cross-threaded) this will bind the prop. Because the screw is hard steel and the motor is soft aluminum, is is easy to cross-thread the prop screw. Here is how to avoid that:

Place the screw in the prop, then place the combination on the motor with the screw aligned with the threaded hole. With light pressure on the screw, turn is counter-clockwise (loosen) until you hear or feel a click. The click occurs when the threads are aligned. Then turn the screw clockwise (tighten about one turn. Check to see if the screw is properly aligned with the threaded hole - the prop is not tilted. Then press the prop down onto the top of the motor to keep the screw aligned, and finish tightening the screw. Always use a new screw with the blue sealant on it's threads. I suggest that you check/tighten all of the prop screws before each flight. I had a prop come off in flight. I was lucky, there was no damage. I checked the other props and one had a loose screw.

Just got 4 sets of after market low noise props.its to late and to cold to go out and test them out.ive been having trouble with my screws tighten the prop to tight to we’re it won’t swing freely.i got my screws mix up from my stock and after market. I don’t know it’s just weird.
I received a pkg of cheap Chinese props, that have been performing well on the MM’s aft motors. .1g heavier much stiffer.

Roger that, they have been running perfectly. I haven’t been able to fly too much, I’m involved with some Covid19 support work, with the DC restricted flight area.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15