DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

After RTH landing, MP started to take off, got force landing msg

Where did you see that in the flight log?

The Mavic was auto landing before it switched back to P-GPS mode. Since obstacle avoidance is disabled while landing, the Mavic shouldn't have tried to avoid any obstacles.
I’ll boot up the computer and show you where I saw it.

Where did you see that in the flight log?

The Mavic was auto landing before it switched back to P-GPS mode. Since obstacle avoidance is disabled while landing, the Mavic shouldn't have tried to avoid any obstacles.
Here is where I saw it, it coincides perfectly with the switch into GPS/ATTI. Also the warnig "Obstacle Avoidance Will Be Disabled in Landing" doesn't actually show up until the Forced Landing is initiated at 938s (Edit: Msinger corrected me there, VPS was actually disabled the whole Autolanding) .OA.PNG

Last edited:
It does seem like it should have been disabled like you said, I wonder if it has something to do with Precision Landing? Maybe it’s using the VPS to find the correct spot first, then it shuts it off and lands?
What do you think?

the warnig "Obstacle Avoidance Will Be Disabled in Landing" doesn't actually show up until the Forced Landing is initiated at 938s.
I also see that logged when the Mavic switched to auto landing.

The most common way is to use a program called CsvView to read the txt./DAT files off the the Mavic or phone. Its a cool program, and lots of fun to use.
Could you also use Excel to read the log ?

Could you also use Excel to read the log ?
If you use a tool that converts the log data to a CSV (like my log reader), you can open then generated CSV file in Excel. You can find some other commonly used log tools here.

Thanks

It does seem like it should have been disabled like you said, I wonder if it has something to do with Precision Landing? Maybe it’s using the VPS to find the correct spot first, then it shuts it off and lands?
What do you think?
That's what I thought. Precision Landing and Landing Protection.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giku