DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

After TikTok ban passage, the prospect of a DJI ban is looking more likely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as I was reading some of the articles, I believe that the possible ban was only going to apply to military usage of DJI drones. ????

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as I was reading some of the articles, I believe that the possible ban was only going to apply to military usage of DJI drones. ????
Initially, military, law enforcement, and Federally Funded projects. But it seems now that they would like to see DJI drones landed and not used.

Take a BIG clensing breath sports fans. A similar ban for DJI just isn't in the cards. I say this with some confidence based on 45 years as a news anchor/reporter, 25 of those years in Washington DC, Capitol Hill, etc. Some legislators I've spoken with believe TicTok is an existential threat to the well being of our youth and the American way. The claim that the app is somehow transmitting secrets back to China was just a 'beard' to get bill on the floor. Unless half naked 19 year old start posing with Mavics for views and likes on Twitch, legislators won't care. The folks on the 'Select Committee for Intellegence' and 'Ways and Means', know there are many other more sophisticated methods that China uses to extract intel and a company that sells drones and pays a crap load of corporate tax to the treasury ain't one of them...rest easy kids.
Yep, fly a balloon over the continent with spy gear on it.

America is the only real free country in the world .
You really need to get out more.
Any countries are as free and many are probably more free than what you are used to.
This is going to be the first time in my lifetime that my country has ever told me (and the people) that you cannot use a mobile phone app for national security reasons and I consider this a huge blow to freedom because one day that could be the excuse/reason for millions of apps Hope this goes to SCOTUS.
Maybe you should wait to see if your dystopian fantasy comes true before saying nonsense like that?
What does this mean for DJI drones, what would happen if the DJI Fly app was banned?
What would happen if the sun didn't rise tomorrow?

Yep, fly a balloon over the continent with spy gear on it.

A little known secret is that was a DJI balloon. Model "Luftballoon". The original plan was to send 99 of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

How about we hear from the boss of the company and get the truth

Last edited:
This may not be a problem, but think about it a minute, Aren't Apple I phone made in China and capable of collecting sensitive information? Also that television in you home possibly spying on you and your family.
Apple has convinced and satisfied the US Government that they have complete control over their devices regardless where they are built and the US Government believes them. The US Government does not believe Apple reports directly to the CCP.

DJI hasn't convinced anyone and the US Government wouldn't believe them regardless. The US Government believes DJI reports directly to the CCP.

Hopefully this help explains the key differences between Apple and DJI regarding the country of origin. If we plan to defeat this DJI bill, we cannot rely on weak arguments such as "Iphones are built in China."

Reactions: AZDave
My warning has been ignored. Thread is now closed

Reactions: sarahb and FLDave
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drxenon