DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aftermarket batteries

How was the fit and finish? I heard people complain about the color not being the same and hard to get seated cause it’s so tight.

How was the fit and finish? I heard people complain about the color not being the same and hard to get seated cause it’s so tight.
I have no problems with the fit. They fit just like the original. I have a platinum so it is a different color than the platinum batteries.

Amazon has a customer rating system. You simply go with a vendor who has sold the most and who's ratings are highest? Additionally when you click on the item and under the cart is the sellers name, click on that, will tell you more about the seller...seems pretty simple, let those who bought before you give you feedback on which is best or any issues?
Can you rely on customer rating on Amazon? I saw recently a YouTube video that showed the weaknesses and faults. One seems to be able "to buy" ratings and numbers of items sold. Apparently, there are commercial companies that provide this as a service.

That’s why I’m asking mavic pilots on here that have bought some before.

On a side note, I recently bought a 3 in 1 wireless charger for $42 for my iPhone and when it arrived in the box with the charger was a Amazon gift card for $50 if I gave it a good review and took a picture of the review and emailed to them for proof and they activated the card. It was a great charger so I would have done it anyway but I’ll take the $50.

They're the PowerExtra and another I don't recall. I suspect they all come from the same factory

The other is the one I’m curious about unless it looked just like the powerextra. Powerextra looks different from oem but others I seen on there look like oem

The only thing I don’t like about powerextra even though it seems to get good reviews[emoji849]is the look of it. The color is off and they don’t look like oem
Flying at over 50' high - who is going to notice the dif colors but you? IMHO...

True but you still want it looking cool on the ground. You would never buy a drone looking that way.

Seeing how oem batteries are getting harder to come by and who knows how long they have been sitting around on a shelf what is my best option for aftermarket batteries? I’ve looked on Amazon and there are several but they all look the same to me.
I've personally used the PowerExtra brand purchased thru Amazon and had no regrets. They perform equal if not better than the original DJI Mavic batteries. I rotate them into my other mix of batteries, they hold a good charge, they clip into place with a nice positive click. The price was about $30 less than DJI's and they are available. For all I know, they could be the battery company that makes OEM DJI equipment - I'm sure DJI doesn't make their own batteries. I will say the plastic casing around the battery is a bit squared off a bit more, but you could only tell this when comparing the two.

I've personally used the PowerExtra brand purchased thru Amazon and had no regrets. They perform equal if not better than the original DJI Mavic batteries. I rotate them into my other mix of batteries, they hold a good charge, they clip into place with a nice positive click. The price was about $30 less than DJI's and they are available. For all I know, they could be the battery company that makes OEM DJI equipment - I'm sure DJI doesn't make their own batteries. I will say the plastic casing around the battery is a bit squared off a bit more, but you could only tell this when comparing the two.

Thanks for the replay. How was the color match? Did they fit flush and uniform?

Well I'll be dipped. Never knew that "Review Writer" could be a job option. Are we talking about reviewing items on sale via Amazon, that the reviewer never actually bought or tested ? Inquiring minds demand to know.
The purchasing of positive reviews is a minor business on Amazon. A few months back, I was contacted by a vendor who offered to send free stuff for positive reviews. Amazon does not allow that and the vendors have their little tricks for getting around the ban. In this case, the deal would be that I would buy the item in question and leave a positive review. I would then send the link to the review to the vendor, who would then pay me back for the item. I had zero interest in participating and passed on the offer.

My two cents on using non-OEM batteries. I'll pay the extra money for the DJI batteries. I paid a few bucks for a Mavic 2 Pro, I'm not going to risk it to save $50. You have to go with what you are comfortable with.

If you have a drone that DJI no longer makes batteries for, that's a different situation. Then you have to go with what you can get.

Well that is what I stated in the beginning of this thread. This isn’t a mavic 2. This is the original mavic pro so what you just said doesn’t apply.

Well that is what I stated in the beginning of this thread. This isn’t a mavic 2. This is the original mavic pro so what you just said doesn’t apply.
Which part didn't apply?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique