DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ahhhha .. the first flight

cranngel

Reactions
Hi all
Did my first flight today after getting the Mavic a few days ago .. could not resist the sale prices and the $100 gift card from BB (used to get the Wunderphone and a larger SD card).

Went to a middle school field so I would have plenty of open space. Had a bit of a fright when I got some warnings right after I took off. The warnings turned out to be for the forward vision sensor calibration. I knew I had triple checked that I had removed all the stickers and such so was worried I might have a defective unit. After I realized that I was not likely to run into anything where I was, I continued on with the flight .... with caution. Took it out of Beginner mode after a few minutes and kept flying. SO COOL !!!!!

On the second flight, I had built up enough confidence to let it go out quite aways ... but was still worried about the warnings. Blast to fly but kinda hard to really see with the smallish phone screen ... I see a set of VR glasses or goggles, or at least a larger tablet in the future .... gotta save more $$ and just get better at flying first.

Brought it home and when I plugged it into DJI Assistant, it told me I had some incompatible firmware (Firmware had updated when I first launched DJI GO when configuring the Wunderphone), thought this was weird since it was a DJI app that had updated the firmware but went on and updated. After struggling to get DJI Assistant to display the vision sensor cal screen (turns out I had to unplug the 2nd monitor for my Mac), it calibrated fine on the first try. Took a short check out flight and no more warnings ... so, looks like I am good to go!!

Last edited:
Hi all
Did my first flight today after getting the Mavic a few days ago .. could not resist the sale prices and the $100 gift card from BB (used to get the Wunderphone and a larger SD card).

Went to a middle school field so I would have plenty of open space. Had a bit of a fright when I got some warnings right after I took off. The warnings turned out to be for the forward vision sensor calibration. I knew I had triple checked that I had removed all the stickers and such so was worried I might have a defective unit. After I realized that I was not likely to run into anything where I was, I continued on with the flight .... with caution. Took it out of Beginner mode after a few minutes and kept flying. SO COOL !!!!!

On the second flight, I had built up enough confidence to let it go out quite aways ... but was still worried about the warnings. Blast to fly but kinda hard to really see with the smallish phone screen ... I see a set of VR glasses or goggles, or at least a larger tablet in the future .... gotta save more $$ and just get better at flying first.

Brought it home and when I plugged it into DJI Assistant, it told me I had some incompatible firmware (Firmware had updated when I first launched DJI GO when configuring the Wunderphone), thought this was weird since it was a DJI app that had updated the firmware but went on and updated. After struggling to get DJI Assistant to display the vision sensor cal screen (turns out I had to unplug the 2nd monitor for my Mac), it calibrated fine on the first try. Took a short check out flight and no more warnings ... so, looks like I am good to go!!

The incompatible firmware message was probably for the battery. You updated the Mavic Pros FW through the app and DJI Assistant updated the battery FW to match.

Reactions: cranngel
Hi all

Well done hope you enjoy your Mavic, enjoy the learning curve they are an awesome piece of kit.

Reactions: cranngel
Thanks Youser, I was wondering why I had the incompatible firmware message.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arny