DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 and remote ID standards

I fly a Mavic 2 Pro, for what it's worth. Hate to see it regulated to the point of inoperability. It needs a lot of space to fly. I fly well below 400 Ft AGL, and I fly safe. Perhaps in 3 years time, I will be ready to retire it, but in the mean time, I am going to fly it a lot.
Yeah, I dread the thought of having to retire my MA2. Hope DJI comes up with a solution that uses existing hardware on the aircraft and can be implemented on our drones through a software update

Whether or not The Mavic 2 Pro has the ability to be updated to comply with the new regulations, I do not know, but there may be a solution for me. I use an Ipad Mini 4th gen with cellular capability for my controller screen. If I were to add a SIM card and activate, would that not be adequate to communicate with the FAA in real time as to my location, altitude of aircraft, etc.? I suppose not. Just an idea. I have DJI GO 4, B4UFLY and AIRMAP installed. Whether these apps will reflect the new regulations and accommodate various hardware configurations or not, is anyone's guess.

The fact is drones should have a transponder of some sort. As a pilot, (helicopter) , It is a bit of a worry when being routed at lower altitudes, that there could be a drone out there. Even a small drone could easily bring a help down, and if it was over an urban area, the results could be catastrophic. We have all already seen videos of aircraft passing drones at close range, particularly over beach front areas in Florida, where it seems to be a problem. Everyone should fly responsibly, but there are always those who are not responsible, are just plain stupid or have a political agenda ( like the extinction rebellion people who shut London Gatwick airport las year ). If the day comes, when heaven forbid, there is a major disaster caused by a drone, that will be the end of it for all who enjoy this hobby. Fly safe, fly responsibly and get certified drone when they become available.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23