DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Remote ID

TDASEN

Reactions
I updated firmware and now I see that there is a remote ID number listed for my Mavic Air 2. Under the flight checklist it shows "Remote ID Functionality Normal ( code 18080003)" I am assuming this would be in compliance and broadcasting. How can I check to make sure it is actually broadcasting?

Thank You

I updated firmware and now I see that there is a remote ID number listed for my Mavic Air 2. Under the flight checklist it shows "Remote ID Functionality Normal ( code 18080003)" I am assuming this would be in compliance and broadcasting. How can I check to make sure it is actually broadcasting?

Thank You
When the Karens come running to confront you! LOL! They are watching you now!

Reactions: Cgcarrillo
I've used the DRONE SCANNER app available in the stores.

It worked after spinning up the props, but not all of the time.

I haven't tried other apps yet.

Apple devices may not pick it up due to their software design. 🤔

For android only, Drone Scanner, download from Play Store

Thank You
Can you list the firmware version/#? When was it released?

I haven't used my Mavic Air 2 in quite a while but plan to take it on a trip next week so I pulled it out a couple weeks ago to see if there needed to be any updates made. I installed a couple of updates and then I packed it back up. Now that I am closer to the trip I wanted to make sure everything is good and then I remembered about Remote ID. I know enforcement has been delayed, but I figured if I could get everything working, I would be better off.

I have the firmware v01.01.1600 installed, but I can't seem to find anything about Remote ID or a remote ID serial number (20 digits per a Pilot Institute video). I also don't see the Mavic Air 2 listed in the FAA DoC list. So is the Mavic Air 2 RIC compliant? My drone is also up for registration renewal and I know I will need the Remote ID information to renew/reregister that. Does anyone know if the Mavic Air 2 now supports RID and where can I find the RID information for registration.

I haven't used my Mavic Air 2 in quite a while but plan to take it on a trip next week so I pulled it out a couple weeks ago to see if there needed to be any updates made. I installed a couple of updates and then I packed it back up. Now that I am closer to the trip I wanted to make sure everything is good and then I remembered about Remote ID. I know enforcement has been delayed, but I figured if I could get everything working, I would be better off.

I have the firmware v01.01.1600 installed, but I can't seem to find anything about Remote ID or a remote ID serial number (20 digits per a Pilot Institute video). I also don't see the Mavic Air 2 listed in the FAA DoC list. So is the Mavic Air 2 RIC compliant? My drone is also up for registration renewal and I know I will need the Remote ID information to renew/reregister that. Does anyone know if the Mavic Air 2 now supports RID and where can I find the RID information for registration.
I have installed the v01.01.1600 since 10/6/23. I have Fly app 1.12.0 and I have registered my Remote ID with the FAA. I use the original Smart Controller and fly Mini 2, Air 2 and the Air 2S. I suggest checking that you have the latest Fly App! Good Luck.

I have installed the v01.01.1600 since 10/6/23. I have Fly app 1.12.0 and I have registered my Remote ID with the FAA. I use the original Smart Controller and fly Mini 2, Air 2 and the Air 2S. I suggest checking that you have the latest Fly App! Good Luck.
It looks like I have the same setup. Air 2 and Smart Controller. It seems my Fly App Version is 1.9.4 is out of date. It told me yesterday that a new app version was available and it would download, but I don't know if it ever installed. Where do you find the Remote ID info to register with the FAA?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13