DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 FMC at Best Buy for $789!!!

That price matches DJI's sale price of $789 for the FMC, just in case BB runs out:

I picked up the Air 2 on the last sale and here we go again. Does this indicate DJI is discontinuing the Mavic Air 2? If so I might return my unopened drone to BB.

Sorry, new guy here, first post. I have been lurking for about a year and truly appreciate all the information and expertise on this site.

"Does this indicate DJI is discontinuing the Mavic Air 2?"
= Time to start buying batteries?

I did an online chat with DJI and in response to my question on discontinuing the Mavic Air 2 they basically said there is not information regarding this. I will post his reply.Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 8.22.54 PM.png

10/18 Mavic 2 Pro (gone)
04/20 Mavic 2 Air (on sale)
11/20 Mavic Mini 2
04/21 Mavic 2 Air S
11/21 Mavic 3
04/22 Mavic Mini 3 (soon)

We probably have a year before the Air 2 is no longer as well supported. But batteries for the Air S will work, so I'd not rush out and horde batteries just yet.

New to this forum, but not overly new to micro/scale flight. This sale and a missing cat is what finally pushed me to pick up a drone. Overall I've been missing a real time video feed on my RC craft all my life. If I ever get back into fixed wing, I'll be setting up a FPV camera on those as well going forward. The only downside is that the discount brings the initial cost down, but buying the insurance and sales tax eats most of that back up.

Interesting and informative comments. I am assuming by "another year of support" that would mean the end of production for the Air 2? It would seem it would be in the best interest of DJI to support the discontinued models for at least a few years. I am on the fence regarding the the Air 2. The price is very attractive, however should the drone be obsolete in about a year, that may leave me with a bad taste. I am still within the return window on the Air 2 so could exchange for the Air 2S and pay the extra bucks.
Decisions, decisions.

Interesting and informative comments. I am assuming by "another year of support" that would mean the end of production for the Air 2? It would seem it would be in the best interest of DJI to support the discontinued models for at least a few years. I am on the fence regarding the the Air 2. The price is very attractive, however should the drone be obsolete in about a year, that may leave me with a bad taste. I am still within the return window on the Air 2 so could exchange for the Air 2S and pay the extra bucks.
Decisions, decisions.
Obsolete so fast? I thought obsolete was useless and or unrepairable? Just becaise dji doesn’t sell it anymore doesn’t make it obsolete if you can still get parts and service elsewhere right? I still fly my Mavic Platinum. Long since retired but I still don’t consider it obsolete.

Just my twisted $.025….

Mike

Reactions: WimStang
Obsolete so fast? I thought obsolete was useless and or unrepairable? Just becaise dji doesn’t sell it anymore doesn’t make it obsolete if you can still get parts and service elsewhere right? I still fly my Mavic Platinum. Long since retired but I still don’t consider it obsolete.

Just my twisted $.025….

Mike
Thanks for that perspective, Mike. Another valuable insight and opinion that makes one think. Does DJI still update firmware for the Platinum or is there even a reason to be concerned with that? Sorry for all the base questions, however I have only flown the Mini and now with that sold, will look to expand my experience. I tend to gather as much info as I can to help make a sound decision...old school, I guess.

Reactions: slozukimc
Decisions, decisions.
Unless you absolutely need the better A2S camera, the A2 is an awesome bird, love mine. Most parts, besides camera, are the same as A2S and will remain available for some time. IMO the A2 series are the best ‘bang for buck’ drones by DJI. Quiet too.

Thanks for that perspective, Mike. Another valuable insight and opinion that makes one think. Does DJI still update firmware for the Platinum or is there even a reason to be concerned with that? Sorry for all the base questions, however I have only flown the Mini and now with that sold, will look to expand my experience. I tend to gather as much info as I can to help make a sound decision...old school, I guess.
So far I have not had any trouble with updates for my M1X

Mike

A serious bargain these days is that Air2S FMC with RC Pro controller for $1770 or such at B&H ... If I were buying today that'd be my choice. Better camera and all-in-one controller. I'm happy with what the Air2 provides, but in the evening shots, I would prefer the Air2s noise levels.

A serious bargain these days is that Air2S FMC with RC Pro controller for $1770 or such at B&H ... If I were buying today that'd be my choice. Better camera and all-in-one controller. I'm happy with what the Air2 provides, but in the evening shots, I would prefer the Air2s noise levels.
I appreciate you letting me know about the choice. That is a little more than my budget, for a drone, at this time. I am an amateur and will not be using this for a business. I am retired and recreation is on my mind. Still tempting as it does seem like a good buy. Nah...keep it simple. I truly appreciate the variety of perspectives provided. Thanks.

I agree on the Night Shots/Noise - My Air 2 - a couple of days ago:

1648649280530.jpeg

Reactions: slozukimc
Is a good deal! I got mine at the same price at Amazon. Why Amazon? Because my experience with Best Buy returning things always is bad. Re-stocking fee and other fees they, I guess, make in the fly... With Amazon, I just return the drone, no box or shipping required. BTW, I don't work for Amazon.
Amazon returns make stuff super simple for sure.

Mike

Reactions: Rmcolon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2