DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 no longer on sale - Air 3 release date leak!!

Yaros

Reactions
Hello, today I noticed that the Mavic Air 2 has been removed from sale on DJI's website, at least in Spain. It says “not available in your country/region”.
A couple of weeks ago I still was able to access the page!
This probably means we're going to get an Air 3 soon, more precisely in May of this year, according to DealsDrone (this is just a guess!).

FmBuHRwaAAIR-uz

I really would like to see the Mavic Air 3 and its price tag soon! Exciting!

Hello, today I noticed that the Mavic Air 2 has been removed from sale on DJI's website, at least in Spain. It says “not available in your country/region”.
A couple of weeks ago I still was able to access the page!
This probably means we're going to get an Air 3 soon, more precisely in May of this year, according to DealsDrone (this is just a guess!).

FmBuHRwaAAIR-uz

I really would like to see the Mavic Air 3 and its price tag soon! Exciting!
It will be about the same price probably a bit more with no offers until after a few years as normal !

Reactions: Yaros
Shan’t be able to run to another drone-(Spark, MA2) so will be very happy still to be able to fly my two fab drones. Learning all the time although need the summer to come to allow me to get out and about.

Reactions: RobertR
Given the Air 2 is no longer being sold by DJI and there's been no firmware update from DJI to make Air 2s RID compliant, does this lend more evidence for a new Air 3 release this year. Maybe as a replacement for the Air 2S?

Also I wish DJI would work on its model naming convention. Instead of a "Mavic 3S" which would seem like the next version of the "Air 2S" which is isn't, how about "Mavic 3E" for extra features. Just keep the "S" for the Air models.

You misread my comment, I'm referring to the "Air 2" in the plural form and "s", as in Air 2 drones, and not the singular model designator of "S"

Two different aircraft with proper names.

MAVIC AIR 2 is non compliant.

AIR 2S is compliant.

There is no "Air 2" aircraft.

Gets confusing when shortening up the names of all the different models.

That was my point. The "Air 2S" is the undated version of the "Mavic Air 2"... it was never clear to me why DJI dropped "Mavic"... they did a similar rebranding with the Mini starting with the SE model. They want to distinguish the "Mavic" brand as the higher end priced/semi-professional consumer model, then a less expansive "Air" model, and then the "Mini".... which takes us back to the OP showing a "DJI Air 3" model and "DJI Mavic 3S" model being released this year... I guess it does make sense that they would not want to have both a "Mavic Air 3" and "Mavic 3S"

It could still get confusing if they continue to sell the "Air 2S", the "Air 3", and "Mavic 3S"

Given the Air 2 is no longer being sold by DJI and there's been no firmware update from DJI to make Air 2s RID compliant, does this lend more evidence for a new Air 3 release this year. Maybe as a replacement for the Air 2S?

Also I wish DJI would work on its model naming convention. Instead of a "Mavic 3S" which would seem like the next version of the "Air 2S" which is isn't, how about "Mavic 3E" for extra features. Just keep the "S" for the Air models.
The Air2s is RID compliant,as it is on the FAA list of RID compliant drones

Reactions: Yaros
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman