DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2: PolarPro ND/PL or PolarPro VND for me? URGENT!

Foxadriano

Reactions
I'm sorry for the urgency, but it is real.
I have Mavic Air 2 for a little time. I look only for video 4K quality. I usually shoot in remote sunny areas without water. In your opinion is it better to buy PolarPro VND or PolarPro ND/PL?
I read that you need ND/PL filter even if you don't soot above water because it cut reflections and glare and other small problems as mist. Sometimes I read the contrary. uffff
Many times I read it is better using PolarPro VND because, as well as practical, it dosn't give saturated colours, etc. etc.
I like the best video 4K quality. Anyway I make video editing.
I would be happy if some guy who has experience with filters and drones answered me.
Which one of both do you suggest?.... or better ..... if you were me, which of both filter would you buy?
Thank you a lot.
Adriano

The ND will be simpler for you.
The NDPL must be set to a specific direction relative to the position of the sun, and will change the lighting when your camera is pointed in different directions.

I have both.

waooooo, thanks for your precious news. You wrote ND. Do you mean VND is better for me?

waooooo, thanks for your precious news. You wrote ND. Do you mean VND is better for me?
VND will work similar to ND, but you of course set the filter strength. As an aside I use a Freewell VND a lot.
The VND is actually 2 polarized filters allowing rotation of one to achieve the desired lighting effect... it will be stable as regards relative direction of the sun, as with the ND

To be honest, I bought the Freewell VND, did some tests but returned it after a week., It gave me too saturated colors and with some dominant ones. I hope PolarPro VND is slightly better.
Therefore do you not use PolarPro VND? Have you ever used it?

Edit: The VND being actually 2 polarized filters I think it saturates the colours too, but less than VD/PL. I'm wrong?

Last edited:
To be honest, I bought the Freewell VND, did some tests but returned it after a week., It gave me too saturated colors and with some dominant ones. I hope PolarPro VND is slightly better.
If I have “that special shot” I often use the Freewell VND to get an idea of the appearance... then will do final image using a fix PP ND of the strength determined.

I did not understand well, but I understood a little. My english is not good. But as I first posted, I try to teteriorate the video image as little as possible with the filter. So do you think the PolarPro VND is the best for me?
I understand that using an ND / PL filter is more complicated, not only for mounting it but also for problems with the sun. Quite right?
Anyway thanks.

I did not understand well, but I understood a little. My english is not good. But as I first posted, I try to teteriorate the video image as little as possible with the filter. So do you think the PolarPro VND is the best for me?
I understand that using an ND / PL filter is more complicated, not only for mounting it but also for problems with the sun. Quite right?
Anyway thanks.
I believe both these statements are true. Your post processing of imaging will guide you further.... So go get some to find out for sure on your equipment and lens settings. Have fun!

Could I ask a last question please? Maybe it is a stupid question but I'd like to understand better: Which would you buy between Freewell Standard Day - 4K Series (without PL) and PolarPro Mavic Air 2 2-5 stop VND filter?
Thank you again.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143