DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 range question

JodyR

Reactions
Like a few other posts I have seen, I get about 2500 feet of so and lose reception and signal. I ran across this on DJI and maybe that is my problem? I wear a bluetooth smartwatch for one...and i do turn on Airplane mode on my phone...but I turn WIFI back on. Should i leave WIFI off like it said? I thought they used wifi and been leaving it on.... new to drones all together.. Thanks !

How can I improve Mavic Air 2’s signal reception?
The smartphone clamp of the remote controller houses the antennas. Make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft. If you need more information, check out the user manual. Additionally, please ensure you are not wearing any transmitting wearables, and that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are turned off on your phone.

You can shut off wifi, you don't need to use it to fly.

That said, I wouldn't expect a huge difference by ditching the smartwatch and turning off wifi. Worth a try to at least see.

If you have lots of wifi interference and/or trees, you range will be significantly degraded. There are enough people that have made videos flying out over water and such that are getting full advertised range that we know the drone can get there. But once you start putting a bunch of objects and interference between you and your drone, you start chopping range. You can counter some of that with altitude.

You can shut off wifi, you don't need to use it to fly.

That said, I wouldn't expect a huge difference by ditching the smartwatch and turning off wifi. Worth a try to at least see.

If you have lots of wifi interference and/or trees, you range will be significantly degraded. There are enough people that have made videos flying out over water and such that are getting full advertised range that we know the drone can get there. But once you start putting a bunch of objects and interference between you and your drone, you start chopping range. You can counter some of that with altitude.

Thanks for the reply. I was only 200-250 up and buildings (city) and trees ( country) the times I flew. Guess I didn't realize how much they effect performance. Good to know and appreciate the help and response!

Yea I turn it off. A few other settings I like to recall too, like do not disturb, can automate with iOS using shortcuts which is pretty cool and make things easier.

Bit for info HERE if you're interested, sure there will be an equivilant for Android too.

Last edited:
I fly in a crowded neighboorhood, usually I find that if you fly higher, it gets you out of wifi bubbles, and you get better range.

I fly with my hotspotted iPhone in my pants pocket, and an Apple Cellular Watch on my wrist, and a wifi only iPad as my tablet, and all have BT, Wifi, and cellular turned ON, and I am still getting the advertised range with clear LOS. Clear LOS is the real issue!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk