DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Refuses to move forward due to unseen obstacles

bertmag

Reactions
I replaced the board in a bound Air 2, and when I try to fly it the drone constantly thinks theres something being detected and refuses to move unless in sport mode. Is there a tool I hook my drone up to to run diagnostics, or even investigate the issue? Any help would be appreciated!

franken-air-2-acting-weird-v0-f0w63bsts56d1.png

• Wow
Reactions: Wild Drone Pilot
At least from my limited understanding, that just means that the board and camera aren't paired which isn't an issue with my Mini 2 that had the same operation. The weird thing is, one the ground it'll center itself and be fine, it's when it's in the air that it starts going bananas.

That error can also be triggered by certain light conditions ( Usually during sunset or sunrise) and flying towards the sun. BUT I have a feeling you need to find a Repairtool site and get those numbers fixed- around 80-100 bucks.

Reactions: Felix le Chat
That error can also be triggered by certain light conditions ( Usually during sunset or sunrise) and flying towards the sun. BUT I have a feeling you need to find a Repairtool site and get those numbers fixed- around 80-100 bucks.
I used to get the same with my Autel Nano+.... which insisted the sun was a dangerous object getting far too close. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: Cafguy
I had thought of that as well, but I've tried it in a wide range of lighting conditions. I'm worried all I've got now is a dump speed racer :/

Have you used that site before? there are many online that do that
I have not, I'm not worried about the incompatible gimbal error since the board and camera aren't matched. My Mini 2 throws the same error but works fine. I'll look into them and see if they have a service for the false object detection.

I have not, I'm not worried about the incompatible gimbal error since the board and camera aren't matched. My Mini 2 throws the same error but works fine. I'll look into them and see if they have a service for the false object detection.
Okay.... really dumb question that is so obvious that I completely overlooked it.
Have you tried calibrating the O/A cameras using DJI Assistant 2?

Also, IDK how but my version is way off - should I downgrade to the right one?View attachment 175740
It may be that your current firmware is related to RID compatibility, I'd leave it be if it isn't causing direct problems. Apart from that: if you've hit your bird with one of the latest firmwares, the anti-rollback will be set to '3', so no way will it allow a downgrade to anything with an A/R of '2' or below.
Fingers crossed this sorts out the freaky O/A. And you are very welcome. 😉

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efe