DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S 5.4K video playback problems

Let's face it. No matter what you are using to play 5.4K - it ends up down0converting to your display. Many of them not even 4K. So really, DJI offered 5.4K simply for marketing purposes -- sounds great.. no real value.

I have the same problem it's annoying.
Just saying it doesn't work is not helping yourself or us trying to help.

Please post your computer/operating system specs.

Robert

I have the same problem it's annoying.
Hi when using the dji app to edit footage on my galaxy A21s used to work perfectly now im getting a transcode failure message and won't let me download or edit now any help would be appreciated.

Just saying it doesn't work is not helping yourself or us trying to help.

Please post your computer/operating system specs.

Robert
Just played back some 5.4k footage on my pc using VLC no issues at all .
Ryzen 7 ,1050ti,32gb ram ,m.2 drives,windows 11 developer software ,also tried it on windows 10 no issues silky smooth and looks stunning.played back on samsung 4k hdr monitor.

Hi when using the dji app to edit footage on my galaxy A21s used to work perfectly now im getting a transcode failure message and won't let me download or edit now any help would be appreciated.
You're talking about editing in the phone app when this thread is about playing back on a computer...

Has someone got an answer anyway thanks.
what happens on the PC when you try and play the 5.4k file using VLC ?
also what is the spec of the PC in question ? (edit sorry just seen the spec)

VLC is absolute garbage. If a file does not play in VLC that means the file has excellent bitrate and video quality
sorry VLC is awesome no idea why you say its garbage it plays anything normally.....

+1

I love VLC, I’ve always used it.

However, VLC won’t play my 4K or 5.4K videos from the drone (neither will QuickTime or any other player).

My limitation is that the MacBook Pro (2015) doesn’t support the .265 codec fully.

Sadly for me - 5.4K droning isn’t an option, neither is DLOG or HLG as they are all forced .265 (on Air 2S anyway).

iMac next ?

+1

However, VLC won’t play my 4K or 5.4K videos from the drone (neither will QuickTime or any other player).

My limitation is that the MacBook Pro (2015) doesn’t support the .265 codec fully.

Sadly for me - 5.4K droning isn’t an option, neither is DLOG or HLG as they are all forced .265 (on Air 2S anyway).

iMac next ?
Windows PC no issues ,apple just overpriced bits of kit and you don't have choices i'm afraid. at least with a pc you the owner can install what you want not what apple want you to install......sorry rant over ex apple user .....i do have a ipad mini 5th gen for the air2s though....;)

Reactions: pommy
+1

iMac next ?
For future use, etc, you may still want to shoot 5.4 and downsample it in ffmpeg (I use the FF-Works GUI) or Compressor.

BTW, the newer Macs with the newer/optional AMD graphics will playback the 5.4k video. In any case, one should always copy the video off the SD card onto a fast drive plus another backup. Files do get corrupted.

Also, the video on Macs is upgradeable via external devices or internal in the case of my Mac Pro.

Y'all have some fun,
Robert

Reactions: pommy
try using pot player for better video acceleration, I tried it myself.

Yes, the player matters. I am a VLC fan, but on my Mac Pro the QuickTime player actually works better with the 5.4K video.

Safe Flying,
Robert

Wow, same issue here. I only have one out the box, W10 player, that can play my hi bitrate Air 2s videos dead smooth. That is the built in Movies and TV app with the free, now .99 cent, HEVC codec. I can no longer use my old standbys mpc-hc64 or newest version VLC, all set to hardware decode, that do not have random jumps is playback.

Yesterday I tried Pot player that crashed not matter what I tried, searching the net shows I'm not alone.

My PC is Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core, 16G ram, RTX 2060 super.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998