DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Batteries - BMS Issue? Drone powers up on inserting battery that is turned off??

rustyc

Reactions
Had strange issue with Air2S batteries, Both died within a few days of each other, battery health shows cells are equal which I presume are OK, see screenshots.
Batteries will power drone up upon inserting them, even though batteries are turned off. Turning battery on and off makes no difference, drone stays powered up. Batteries have no sign of swelling. Batteries won't take a charge so figuring the BMS has faulted / died. Took them into DJI Store and they checked them and couldn't explain what was going on with them. They suggested that I contact DJI Service which I did, but as they are out of warranty they not being too helpful. I would have expected the batteries last longer than 50 recharges or so.
Anyone else had this issue? If so did you get them fixed?
Thanks

DJI Battery 1Z3PJ5DEA302LK.jpeg

DJI Battery 1Z3PJ5EEA301CU.jpg

Reactions: Cafguy
I would have expected the batteries last longer than 50 recharges or so.
I have about 12 of these on chargers now. If you store and treat these batteries properly you should get a bit over 220 cycles or so Your batteries could have died for a number of reasons. Conditions of where you store them, Keeping them stored at too high or too low a charge etc...here are a few tips on getting Advice on your problem.
You may hear a suggestion telling you to download BatteryKilleR and get yourself a soldering iron. If you are new to Electronics and know little about Batteries, DON'T EVEN TRY THIS! If you know what you are doing, or you know someone that is, you can Fix those Batteries BUT for the Cost of air2 batts its just not worth it.
1. Purchase new or "low Cycles used" used batts on ebay -you can get them cheap.
2. Get a decent charger not a DJI charger. you want a charger that will charge all the Batteries at the same time, AND most importantly you want a charger with a Storage charge option.
3. Keep your Batteries at 60% as much as possible NEVER charge to 100% and put them away! No matter who tells you different!
4. keep them away from heat and direct sunlight!
5. Finally for safety Do not charge any Battery unattended!
I fly the Air 2S for my security business and I have gone thru a hundred of these batteries I average around 225 or so cycles and flight times start to degrade at about 200.

Reactions: Felix le Chat
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bshap