DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Car Charger Suggestions

tokertm

Reactions
Hi all,

Firstly, I've had a look about but haven't really seen many suggestions for it, but whats people suggestions for a decent but un-official car charger. The official will only chagre one at a time but I do like the idea of being able to do more at once in case I need to.

I know a few will say best stick with official, which I do for most things, but so far in the last few years I have usually lasted fine on my 3 batteries for the day, but off to Iceland in a few weeks then Norway a few weeks after that and I'm imagining I'll need to charge on the go, especially since the amount of driving about between places that I'll be doing with a few hours drive between each place daily

Would this be a good one to go for? Has anyone got one of these and does it hold up well under usage.

If I have missed a post anf this is a dupe, please mods go ahead and remove and someone PM me where the post is :)

Cheers all :)

but off to Iceland in a few weeks then Norway a few weeks after that
Welcome to Norway! I don't know what research you have done regarding flying here, but the usual 5 km from airports apply here. Here is a map of airports with NoFlyZone:
(zoom out for the whole country)
But in addition to this, there are plenty of NFZ because of military installations etc., here is a map of those:
Norwegian police are quite strict if you fly in prohibitet areas, your drone will be confiscated and you will be fined maybe 1000-1200 USD. (If you are a Russian tourist you will go to jail...)

As for the car charger I think it looks fine. The Yx brand is OK quality. I charge my batteries in the car with an inexpensive 12V-230V inverter.

Reactions: tokertm
As for the car charger I think it looks fine. The Yx brand is OK quality. I charge my batteries in the car with an inexpensive 12V-230V inverter.
Thanks for the reply.
I've stayed clear of inverters for some reason, not sure why, just another bigger and heavier item to carry on the plane, but now know they aren't as big and heavy as they used to be.

And yes, done all my research for both places and happy I'll be fine and flying legally.

Both your links send me to a Samsung charger, but it's in the search. Searched and wow £120!!? That's a bit too much to be used a minimal amount but thanks for the info :)

Last edited:
Reactions: MA2 317
Amazon UK shows this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/DJI-Mavic-...d=1674401979&sprefix=hanatora+,aps,196&sr=8-3
Used, but warehouse, so probably just returned.
I use a single battery Hanatora with no problem.
Beware of inverters. The cheap ones have square wave output which can be damaging to many kinds of electronics. Normal power is sine wave. Square wave can cause over-heating of transformers, and may or may not play well with lighter weight switching power supplies.

I have been using this one for a long time. It does a great job.

I also bought the Hanatora off Amazon. Charges 4 batteries SIMULTANEOUSLY!! It also has ability to charge from the car via the accessory /“cigarette lighter”. NOTE: to use in the car you must start the car first before plugging the unit in or else it will error out.
Hanatora Air 2S,Mavic Air 2 Wall & Car Charger Compatible with DJI Air 2S,Mavic Air Battery, 5 in 1 Rapid Multi Parallel Charging Hub Drone Accessories https://a.co/d/bjmo0j4

Reactions: tokertm and MA2 317
Another vote for the Hanatora charger. I haven't tried the car charging but the home charging 4 batteries plus the RC is the way to go. This also has a storage discharge setting as well. Paid <$60 US last year.

Reactions: tokertm and MA2 317
I bought the car charger from DJI. I am afraid of using a third party charger and destroying my batteries. They are too expensive to destroy.

If you’re worried, it’s good to be cautious. These batteries can be finicky and even hazardous. I and others have been using this 3rd party charger with good success (so far). While it possible that the 3rd party unit might cause harm, it’s also possible that it’s actually a better “battery care” unit than DJI’s as not only does it charge the battery but has a de-charge function that preps the batteries for non-use storage. It is my understanding we don’t want to store the batts at full charge or fully depleted but I am no expert so take all of this with a grain of salt.

Reactions: MA2 317
IMG20230205113450.jpg
Well, I bought the LYONTECH one from Amazon that I listed in the original post and it melted the cigarette lighter port 😂 the end is metal but got so hot it melted the whole port. No damage to the batteries and it charged 2 up in 50 mins from about 35% but the port gave up at 97%
Got the refund and compensation for repair to the cigarette port as well (it melted it inside and ruined it, cost £90 to repair with labour costs)

Serves me right for taking the cheaper option lol

Lesson learned, now have a slow DJI one. Takes fkkin ages but not going cheap again :)

• Wow
Reactions: Ridgeback65
View attachment 161864
Well, I bought the LYONTECH one from Amazon that I listed in the original post and it melted the cigarette lighter port 😂 the end is metal but got so hot it melted the whole port. No damage to the batteries and it charged 2 up in 50 mins from about 35% but the port gave up at 97%
Got the refund and compensation for repair to the cigarette port as well (it melted it inside and ruined it, cost £90 to repair with labour costs)

Serves me right for taking the cheaper option lol

Lesson learned, now have a slow DJI one. Takes fkkin ages but not going cheap again :)
Yikes, that doesn't look good! Anyone having similar experience with the Hanatora which is a completely different design (not just a rebranded version of the Lyontech)?

Another vote for the Hanatora charger. I haven't tried the car charging but the home charging 4 batteries plus the RC is the way to go. This also has a storage discharge setting as well. Paid <$60 US last year.
I can vouch for the 12v car charger cord that comes with the Hanatora charger. Works great.

If you’re worried, it’s good to be cautious. These batteries can be finicky and even hazardous. I and others have been using this 3rd party charger with good success (so far). While it possible that the 3rd party unit might cause harm, it’s also possible that it’s actually a better “battery care” unit than DJI’s as not only does it charge the battery but has a de-charge function that preps the batteries for non-use storage. It is my understanding we don’t want to store the batts at full charge or fully depleted but I am no expert so take all of this with a grain of salt.
What charger are you using?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803