DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Cine mode speed

robwag

Reactions
Hi Guys, does anyone perhaps know if I can slow my Air 2s Cine mode speed. It seems just as fast as normal mode.

Last edited:
Hi Guys, does anyone perhaps know if I can slow my Air 2s Cine mode speed. It seems just as fast as normal mode.
It shouldn't be near as fast as normal mode.
You are probably not in Cine mode. If you takeoff with the switch to cine mode it will still be in Normal after takeoff, so first you need to takeoff and then switch, and if that doesn't work then you have a defective remote or wrong firmware.

You can additionally post the log on DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help so we can check it.

It shouldn't be near as fast as normal mode.
You are probably not in Cine mode. If you takeoff with the switch to cine mode it will still be in Normal after takeoff, so first you need to takeoff and then switch, and if that doesn't work then you have a defective remote or wrong firmware.

You can additionally post the log on DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help so we can check it.
Thanks for your info. I have learnt that it reverts to "normal" after takeoff no matter where the switch is. I only got this drone last Wednesday so have the latest firmeware, but do not understand why it is so fast in Cine. My Mavic 2Pro seems to have been much slower in Tripod mode. I have set my exponential rates that helps, but full stick it is still fast.

In cine mode I just feather touch the stick forward ie the stick is virtually in the center hardly any pressure on it

You do know that you don't have to go full speed, right? ;) I cut the exponential settings way down and up the max speed. This slows the response to where half movement of the sticks is barely moving. It makes it easier to fly slow and consistent.

If you have asked to join the firmware modes section on the forum there is a video explaining how to slow the Cini speed down by a lot.

If you have asked to join the firmware modes section on the forum there is a video explaining how to slow the Cini speed down by a lot.
Hi, I have not been on this forum for long so am still a bit doff, how and where do I ask to join the firmware modes section?
I have looked all over for something but do not see it.
Many thanks.

You do know that you don't have to go full speed, right? ;) I cut the exponential settings way down and up the max speed. This slows the response to where half movement of the sticks is barely moving. It makes it easier to fly slow and consistent.
I have adjusted the exponential rates for sport and normal but there is no adjustment for cine.

I have adjusted the exponential rates for sport and normal but there is no adjustment for cine.
Right. Cine is just that fast on newer drones, no way to adjust it... Just don't push the stick all the way and you will go slower ;)

Hi, I have not been on this forum for long so am still a bit doff, how and where do I ask to join the firmware modes section?
I have looked all over for something but do not see it.
Many thanks.

Go into your settings and look for the section to allow you to see the software mode section. If you cannot find it ask one of the moderators they should be able to help.
screenshot-mavicpilots.com-2022.02.07-03_42_55.png

Why does it do that? is it some sort of design flaw? or is there a reason?

Why does it do that? is it some sort of design flaw? or is there a reason?
Ask DJI, not me. I think it is a safety feature, so newer pilots wouldn't takeoff in Sport, think they are in normal mode and crash on full speed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones