DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s controller needs firmware update every time I switch drones

robwas

Reactions
I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this that wants to fly both the Air 2 and Air 2s with the same controller. I've found the Air 2s controller can indeed fly both of my drones but each and every time I switch (either direction) the controller requires me to install a firmware update! It takes about a minute and requires an internet connection, this could be an issue in remote areas if you don't do it before you leave home.

Attachments

• 20210418_200021.jpg
    20210418_200021.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 18
I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this that wants to fly both the Air 2 and Air 2s with the same controller. I've found the Air 2s controller can indeed fly both of my drones but each and every time I switch (either direction) the controller requires me to install a firmware update! It takes about a minute and requires an internet connection, this could be an issue in remote areas if you don't do it before you leave home.
Hi - Not sure if you ever found an answer to this, but I reached out to DJI on their forum earlier this week and they told me that they have sent the issue to the appropriate team to look into it... I agree that this is an annoying issue!

Reactions: merak75
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM