DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s + DJI Fly 1.4.3 (Android) - No cached photos?

SengFeng

Reactions
First time out with a new 2s today (I'm experienced with the Air 2). I'm getting a cached copy of videos, but no pictures are coming back to my app's image storage. Known problem? Fix?

First time out with a new 2s today (I'm experienced with the Air 2). I'm getting a cached copy of videos, but no pictures are coming back to my app's image storage. Known problem? Fix?
It's not a problem at all.
The cached image files are low-res and not much use for anything anyway.
Who needs them cluttering your phone or tablet?

It IS a problem. If I'm taking photos, and want to verify I got the shot I wanted, that's the ONLY way to confirm anything was taken. I don't want to have to fly back, take the SD card out, load it into my PC, etc., to find out if I framed it right. I use a tablet with 256gb of storage. A couple gigs of photos that will save me time later is not a problem.

Actually I’ve noticed that with the Fly app as well. Not that, that is a problem for me as I need the photos off the SD card. Caveat: happens on the Samsung A30.

Just go into the Fly app's "gallery" and look at the images...it is separated into what the drone has on it and what you d/loaded into the app. You can look at that low res version "on the fly" to see if it is good...that doesn't have to be downloaded so it is quick to review

Just go into the Fly app's "gallery" and look at the images...it is separated into what the drone has on it and what you d/loaded into the app. You can look at that low res version "on the fly" to see if it is good...that doesn't have to be downloaded so it is quick to review
IMO that's only a floppy workaround and not convenient at all. I still think it's a bug. When I open app settings I see that the "image cache" is getting filled with some MBs, but the "Album" is not showing them under "DJI Fly".

Can I ask where you got 1.4.3 for Android?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter