DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Fly More bundle being sold with the RC PRO?

It has been confirmed in a few videos on YouTube that an update is coming or is already out in cases like that that allow the RC Pro to work with the Air 2S. I already own the Air 2S and have thought about the package from BH with the idea to sell the extra drone but I think I will just wait for the controller alone.

As I wrote in other discussion, i was in BeH store 4 days ago when it was still out of stock, BUT the agent confirmed me that the reason of the out of stock was because the new arrival will be with the PRO version...infact now appear in web site again in stock , same price of before BUT with SC pro.

I have the RC Pro setup with the Air 2S. Need to wait for some better weather to try it out. I do not believe it needed a firmware update. The Air 2S did.

Reactions: MavicG
Have they changed the box to have a picture of the RC Pro or is this a special bundle that only BH are doing?

Have they changed the box to have a picture of the RC Pro or is this a special bundle that only BH are doing?
It all came in the DJI Sealed Box. On the front of the box its says "Fly More Combo (DJI Smart Controller)." The sticker on the back notes RC Pro 510. the picture looks like the RC Pro and shows the three slots on the bottom (SD, USB C, HDMI) where I believe the smart controller only has the USB C on the bottom.

Good deal considering they are selling the RC Pro for $1,200. I wonder when they have the Mavic 3 Bundle with the RC Pro if it will be similar increase over the FMC that this Air 2S is.

Reactions: scott rand
How can they include a remote that is $500 more in the box and not change the price? Either the remote is going to come down in price or the combo is going to go up. If neither happens, your better buy is the combo and sell the Air 2S if you dont need it. You come out closer in price to the original smart remote.

Reactions: projectarjun
Mine came yesterday afternoon, and it is indeed the new RC Pro remote. I don't understand the pricing thing myself but hey who am I to argue? Had to do a small update, But other than that it flies like a dream! I forgot to take a picture I'll post one when I get off work, cheers!

Buying the new bundle and then selling the old Air 2S might currently be the cheapest way to get the RC Pro then.

Reactions: maximusak
According to a post from DJI on the DJI forum this is a temporary change, shipping the RC Pro with the Air 2S. It is because of production changes (unavailability?) to the smart controller so they decided to substitute the RC Pro in place of the original smart controller and keep the price the same.

Again, they said this package at this price is only temporary.

After I verified it is the RC Pro that is being shipped in the $1749 package from B&H Photo I ordered one as I was considering the Air 2S anyway. It has has shipped and scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

It would be nice in the future if they included support for the Mini 2 in the RC Pro.

Wish I had seen this thread before yesterday. I really feel cheated. I did a lot of research and thought of which Mavic to buy. It came down to the M2S and I really liked the smart controller for many reasons. I read the Pro Controller did not work with earlier models so that was not a real consideration. I checked B&H and their site said they were out of stock. Adorama was a thought but I also like to shop local. BestBuy was out till next week and had to order it and wait 10 days and Costco did not carry the M2s with SC. I found one locally at a high end camera store and bought it there. I am very disappointed now because as we all know now the SC is probably on the way out and the Pro is in. Also the batteries were dated 2017 which means they are almost 5 years old now. This does not sit well with me at all! I am seriously considering contacting DJI with a grievance and a complaint. To me and the money spent this should not be!

What do you guys think about this?

Reactions: fd123_2000
Wish I had seen this thread before yesterday. I really feel cheated. I did a lot of research and thought of which Mavic to buy. It came down to the M2S and I really liked the smart controller for many reasons. I read the Pro Controller did not work with earlier models so that was not a real consideration. I checked B&H and their site said they were out of stock. Adorama was a thought but I also like to shop local. BestBuy was out till next week and had to order it and wait 10 days and Costco did not carry the M2s with SC. I found one locally at a high end camera store and bought it there. I am very disappointed now because as we all know now the SC is probably on the way out and the Pro is in. Also the batteries were dated 2017 which means they are almost 5 years old now. This does not sit well with me at all! I am seriously considering contacting DJI with a grievance and a complaint. To me and the money spent this should not be!

What do you guys think about this?
I understand how u feel ...I was very near to buy the kit with the OLD SC...but was out of stock...and here in Italy SOME SHOPS still seel it with old SC...I think DJI did not do a correct job for their customers ...disappointed

has anyone tried to hook this up to their MAvic 3 and confirm it works there as well? Or are these just for the Air2s? I would be interested in seeing if this works.

Edit: i mean specifically this controller - wondering if its a less functional model..

Also, ive been looking, B&H shows this as originally 2499, so its probably a deal they are having, and then the combo goes up.in price.

Last edited:
I'm guessing that if this is temporary, then it's only the pricing that is temporary and not the bundle. They wouldn't go to the trouble of changing the packaging if it was a temporary swap in replacement while the got more stock of the old SC.

It sounds as if the package from DJI has the RC Pro as well as they included a link.

I do know that the reviews for the Air 2S and the original SC are pretty bad but it seems like the reviews with the Air 2S and the new RC Pro seem very good. Youtube is full of both. It seems like transmission issues, video feed and just weird things happening with the original smart controller. Seems those have been resolved with the RC Pro. Again, I got this info from many, many youtube videos.

If I had just got the Air 2S with the original smart controller I would try to return it and get the B&H or DJI package that include the RC Pro. There is a discussion about this on the DJI forum.

I got the Air 2S with the RC Pro. The firmware is 03.00.0008. This is both before and after I got a notice this morning to update. The only thing that updated was the Fly App from 1.5.0 to 1.5.4.

I am also looking at getting the Mavic 3 and wondering of the RC Pro will work with both and not also having to re-pair each time. The 03.00.0008 is different than the firmware I see on the Mavic 3 Forum.

Last edited:
Well that figures, I seen Osilita post on Twitter and held out finding any. Caved in 2 weeks ago and bought Air2s combo and then this week see the one with the substitution of the RC Pro. Ahhh guess will sell the older SC I had used with Mavic pro

Has anyone seen an instance where the Mavic 3 RC Pro will work with an Air 2S, or is it just this "special" release that works with it? I just tried my M3 RC Pro on my Air 2S without any luck.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2