DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Fly More bundle being sold with the RC PRO?

Reactions: maximusak
Hello Guys,

DJI Air 2S that bundled with RC PRO, is it the RC Pro can be use / bind to Mavic 3 ?

Regards,
Maximus
Well... In the DJI forums, there is a guy saying that is coming with a different firmware that does not allow him to pair with the Mavic 3. I cant see why is this is happening but DJI should fix that in the future.

Well... In the DJI forums, there is a guy saying that is coming with a different firmware that does not allow him to pair with the Mavic 3. I cant see why is this is happening but DJI should fix that in the future.
RCPRO AIr2s.JPG

How about the description from BHPhotovideo, that RC Pro bundled with Air 2S, compatible with Mavic 3 ?

View attachment 140189

How about the description from BHPhotovideo, that RC Pro bundled with Air 2S, compatible with Mavic 3 ?
They've got to be presenting something from DJI that they supplied for the description. It's "going" to be compatible, but isn't currently. So as it sits, at least for now, that description is incorrect.

Is sad how DJI plays with us laying about the drone backward compatibility when they know perfectly can be compatible. Is just a marketing strategy.

Is sad how DJI plays with us laying about the drone backward compatibility when they know perfectly can be compatible. Is just a marketing strategy.
Quite honestly I just think the Mavic 3 wasn't ready for shipping. I believe they rushed it out the door before Black Friday. It wasn't ready for primetime.

As far as substituting the RC Pro in the Air 2S package in place of the original SC I wonder how long it will be before the original SC becomes available. Never? I know it had very poor reviews on most of the Youtube videos of the original SC. There is a lot of chatter abut the price of the Mavic 3 as well s $1200 for the RC Pro. So I guess there is a possibility the original SC is history and they will lower the price on the RC Pro if people don't love it at $1200. Just my thoughts

Quite honestly I just think the Mavic 3 wasn't ready for shipping. I believe they rushed it out the door before Black Friday. It wasn't ready for primetime.

As far as substituting the RC Pro in the Air 2S package in place of the original SC I wonder how long it will be before the original SC becomes available. Never? I know it had very poor reviews on most of the Youtube videos of the original SC. There is a lot of chatter abut the price of the Mavic 3 as well s $1200 for the RC Pro. So I guess there is a possibility the original SC is history and they will lower the price on the RC Pro if people don't love it at $1200. Just my thoughts
My thoughts are that the SC has now been discontinued with no plans to build more as they now include the RC Pro in the fly more combo which should work better due to having O3 and therefore more compatible although yet to try mine. Poor reviews but personally I never had any problems flying SC with Air 2S, no loss of transmission at any time I flew.

They've got to be presenting something from DJI that they supplied for the description. It's "going" to be compatible, but isn't currently. So as it sits, at least for now, that description is incorrect.
Okay noted, so how to tell the difference between RC Pro for Air 2S and RC Pro for Mavic 3.
Because both are with the same model code, which is RM510.

Regards,
Maximus

Okay noted, so how to tell the difference between RC Pro for Air 2S and RC Pro for Mavic 3.
Because both are with the same model code, which is RM510.

Regards,
Maximus
Its the firmware version installed. RC Pro standalone purchase will have same firmware as supplied with Mavic 3 combo presently, whereas in the AIR 2S combo with RC Pro has different firmware version installed. These different versions are from what I can tell are currently locked by DJI until they see reason or enough sales to unlock allowing both forward & backward compatibility. This is my RC Pro for AIR 2S.20211210_180616.jpg

Its the firmware version installed. RC Pro standalone purchase will have same firmware as supplied with Mavic 3 combo presently, whereas in the AIR 2S combo with RC Pro has different firmware version installed. These different versions are from what I can tell are currently locked by DJI until they see reason or enough sales to unlock allowing both forward & backward compatibility. This is my RC Pro for AIR 2S.View attachment 140196

Well noted, so if from the physical outside of the RC Pro, we can't tell the difference. have to look at the firmware of the RC Pro.

And currently firmware RC Pro for Air 2 S : 03.00.0008 and firmware RC Pro for Mavic 3 : v01.00.0400
Right ?

Regards,
Maximus

Reactions: Rubenc87
Well noted, so if from the physical outside of the RC Pro, we can't tell the difference. have to look at the firmware of the RC Pro.

And currently firmware RC Pro for Air 2 S : 03.00.0008 and firmware RC Pro for Mavic 3 : v01.00.0400
Right ?

Regards,
Maximus
That's correct but if your purchasing new RC Pro standalone, it will only be compatible for Mavic 3 currently.

I got mine today from B&H and it includes the RC Pro. There was still something in the back of my head saying it's going to the be Smart Controller. I checked the back just to make sure it said Dji RC Pro..lol
I had doubts when I purchased mine from DJI website. As you can see I am from UK & although was informed it would be RC Pro was delivered the following day shipped within the UK.

This is it 100%. They wanted to get the 3 our before BF and the holiday shopping season but the software/firmware wasn't ready. I have a feeling there was a Smart Controller v2 in the pipeline somewhere but Dji said just put a different firmware on the RC Pro and go with it. If they're able to bundle it with the Air2 S FMB for only $450 more and still make a good profit they are raking in the $$$ on the 3 Cine package along with selling it sep for $1,199.00 add on for the 3. People who bought the 3 then the RC Pro got hosed.

Reactions: diamond-mine
With the RC Pro working with the Air2s there's one of two things going on, either the Air2 S and 3 have the same radio chip or the RC Pro has two different broadcast radio's. Since these are mass produced items it seems logical the 2s and 3 have the same radio to cut down on production costs and yes Dji was simply lying when they said it wasn't compatible. Almost overnight the RC pro started to be shipped with the Air2s so they had to known months ago it was compatible they just wanted to get rid of their Smart Controller inventory.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noobie