DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Fly More bundle being sold with the RC PRO?

Looks like BH still has this avail. I am going to order tonight (currently closed).

Seems like the SC is junk from reading threads here. Does the RC pro resolve these issues? What is the difference between the SC and RC pro?

Looks like BH still has this avail. I am going to order tonight (currently closed).

Seems like the SC is junk from reading threads here. Does the RC pro resolve these issues? What is the difference between the SC and RC pro?
The smart controller is fantastic really but its based on Android 7 if I recall from having it. The older software and older hardware inside are not as up to date as the recent drones so once you reach Air 2S you run into some issues with performance. The RC Pro corrects the technology gap and offers Occusync 3. Build wise, I think the older smart controller was more robust but not so much so that I would call the new one worse, just lighter feeling. The sticks have a springy feeling like an FPV remote would. Not good/bad but subjective based on preference. My preference is the older sticks for a camera drone but the new remote overall is nice enough to be worth it with this combo. Old controller at @750 versus new @1199 it would be a hard pill to swallow at full prices if you did not have a Mavic 3 or perhaps the Air 2S. My Air 2S flew well with the older controller but for some it did not. This new combo is the best option without a doubt if you ever think you want to use a smart controller/RC Pro versus the stock remote and a display.

The smart controller is fantastic really but its based on Android 7 if I recall from having it. The older software and older hardware inside are not as up to date as the recent drones so once you reach Air 2S you run into some issues with performance. The RC Pro corrects the technology gap and offers Occusync 3. Build wise, I think the older smart controller was more robust but not so much so that I would call the new one worse, just lighter feeling. The sticks have a springy feeling like an FPV remote would. Not good/bad but subjective based on preference. My preference is the older sticks for a camera drone but the new remote overall is nice enough to be worth it with this combo. Old controller at @750 versus new @1199 it would be a hard pill to swallow at full prices if you did not have a Mavic 3 or perhaps the Air 2S. My Air 2S flew well with the older controller but for some it did not. This new combo is the best option without a doubt if you ever think you want to use a smart controller/RC Pro versus the stock remote and a display.
Thanks. I hate using my phone, so yes, would like the SC/RC pro.

Is anyone able to confirm what controller the combo is shipping with? Several vendors
advertising the RC pro. DJI says case by case basis. I have a ton of gift cards which makes ordering via Amazon ideal because I can load the cards as Amazon credit, but I can’t find the Air 2S advertised with the RC pro on Amazon.

Thanks

Last edited:
I read one person via Amazon received the RC Pro but most of the kits are from BH Photo and Drone Nerds

Reactions: zeusfl
I purchased an RC Pro from Best Buy before Christmas and it did not work on my Air 2S. I tried updating firmware online and from the PC, both for the drone and RC Pro, but I couldn’t get them to connect. I purchased the Fly More bundle from DroneNerds and confirmed that RC Pro works on my old Air 2S. I sent the standalone RC Pro back to Best Buy.

Reactions: Rrrick
Just adding to the conversation. I chatted \
Is anyone able to confirm what controller the combo is shipping with? Several vendors
advertising the RC pro. DJI says case by case basis. I have a ton of gift cards which makes ordering via Amazon ideal because I can load the cards as Amazon credit, but I can’t find the Air 2S advertised with the RC pro on Amazon.

Thanks
So I chatted with DJI and they said they were substituting some RC PROs, as they were having trouble with the Smart Controller inventory. They could not guarantee an RC pro, as it was on a case by case basis....all inventory based. I decided to pull the trigger and ordered one from DJI on Monday. I just received my combo today and it did ship with the RC Pro. On top of that, the picture on the actual combo box is of the RC Pro. The description still shows DJI Smart Controller...so who knows.

Attachments

• 20220105_122932.jpg
    20220105_122932.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 14
while going thru my twitter TL, OsitaLV made a post about the AIR 2S fly more combo with smart controller is being sold with the new RC Pro. The reason he stated for this was low inventory of the original smart controller. If this is true, can someone let us know? I didn't think I wanted a AIR 2S because I have 2 M2P's but for $1700-$1800 I would buy it. I recently ordered a M3Cine but canceled the order due to the issues I was reading about and my discount code didn't work for 10% off that I didn't catch until after placing the order.
Just for people’s info: I already had the Air 2s fly more combo with the standard controller, but have been unhappy with my iPhone 13 Pro screen readability in direct sunlight, so I ordered the DJI RC Pro all by itself because I’m sure it will be easier to use with my Air 2s in the Hawaii sunlight. It arrived a couple days ago, and as B&H said it comes only ready to pair with the Mavic 3, and won’t pair with my 2s, however I’m confident that a firmware update will come soon since it already works if you order the RC Pro/Air 2s combo package. Lol, fingers crossed.

It has been confirmed in a few videos on YouTube that an update is coming or is already out in cases like that that allow the RC Pro to work with the Air 2S. I already own the Air 2S and have thought about the package from BH with the idea to sell the extra drone but I think I will just wait for the controller alone.
I bought the RC I
It has been confirmed in a few videos on YouTube that an update is coming or is already out in cases like that that allow the RC Pro to work with the Air 2S. I already own the Air 2S and have thought about the package from BH with the idea to sell the extra drone but I think I will just wait for the controller alone.
I bought the RC pro alone and it doesn’t sync to my air 2s yet, but DJI has replied to me that a firmware update is coming

I bought the RC I

I bought the RC pro alone and it doesn’t sync to my air 2s yet, but DJI has replied to me that a firmware update is coming
As I mentioned in another thread, I bought an RC Pro from a vendor on eBay. It is the one that works with the Air 2S. Paired it today and flew it. All is well. Got my old SC up on eBay too, so it should not be a painful switch. The RC Pro is faster to start up, seems to have a video feed that doesn't glitch (My SC would drop frames) so I'm a happy camper. Got the RC Pro in 2 days, free FEDEX 2 day shipping.

Last edited:
As I mentioned in another thread, I bought an RC Pro from a vendor on eBay. It is the one that works with the Air 2S. Paired it today and flew it. All is well. Got my old SC up on eBay too, so it should not be a painful switch. The AR Pro is faster to start up, seems to have a video feed that doesn't glitch (My SC would drop frames) so I'm a happy camper. Got the RC Pro in 2 days, free FEDEX 2 day shipping.
I am not sure if with the Mavic Air 2S is but with the M3 is 60FPS feed transmission. I will know next week. I am planning switch the firmware of my RC Pro to make it compatible with the Air 2S while DJI ship me back my M3.

Reactions: SzymonN
I ordered this combo for BH photo.. I previously had a M2P that I flew with the standard controller and an iPhone. I really enjoyed how you could directly down load photos and videos onto your phone via the Go4 app. Will this be possible using the RC Pro?

Yes you can. You need to see the RC Pro like an Android Phone. Is based on Android 10. However, has limitations. You need to install the applications with the APK files. You can not install Google Play (as far as I know) like the smart controller. With the RC Pro connected to internet by WiFi you can browse the internet with Firefox that is build in. Also you can export or import files with the SD card.

Reactions: Rrrick
Yes you can. You need to see the RC Pro like an Android Phone. Is based on Android 10. However, has limitations. You need to install the applications with the APK files. You can not install Google Play (as far as I know) like the smart controller. With the RC Pro connected to internet by WiFi you can browse the internet with Firefox that is build in. Also you can export or import files with the SD card.
Ugh. I know NOTHING about android OS.

Ugh. I know NOTHING about android OS.
Nothing complicated. Is very straights forward. Simple. Just use your common sense.

Reactions: merak75 and Lees23
Same here. Got it from Crutchfield today with the RC PRO. Now I got a bunch of duplicates.
To my detriment I found out that the RC Pro HDMI out has some strange glitch. First, it misses all the HDMI options available on the old SC and second I can't make it work with my Fat Shark HDO2 goggles which worked fine with the old SC.
I am debating of sending the whole thing back unless DJI is fixing this problem. Jury is out on that. But beware of this if you plan to use HDMI.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute