DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Fly More bundle being sold with the RC PRO?

Not that many people care.... Since my Care Refresh A2S is stuck somewhere in UPS hell, I figured I'd try and see if my old A2 would work with the RC PRO. It does not.

Not that many people care.... Since my Care Refresh A2S is stuck somewhere in UPS hell, I figured I'd try and see if my old A2 would work with the RC PRO. It does not.
Not yet.

Same here. Got it from Crutchfield today with the RC PRO. Now I got a bunch of duplicates.
To my detriment I found out that the RC Pro HDMI out has some strange glitch. First, it misses all the HDMI options available on the old SC and second I can't make it work with my Fat Shark HDO2 goggles which worked fine with the old SC.
I am debating of sending the whole thing back unless DJI is fixing this problem. Jury is out on that. But beware of this if you plan to use HDMI.

Update to previous post:
I purchased a less than $20 "J5create USB-C to 4K HDMI Adapter at Best Buy, plugged it in and it simply worked with the Fat Shark HDO2 right out of the box. Flew my first mission with the RC PRO and I like everything about it. I guess I am going to keep the RC PRO!

Reactions: zeusfl
I can confirm that the DJI Air 2S Combo with RC Pro does exist. Ordered mine from B&H on Sunday, for USD $ 1,749, and received it today. Box is labelled as Smart Controller, yet picture was updated to the RC Pro. Pulled the SC Pro out of the carry case and verified using the label on the back and the different gimbal stick design. Charging everything right now, so will let everyone know about connectivity to the Air 2S and firmware.

Don

Reactions: BrianVivian
I can confirm that the DJI Air 2S Combo with RC Pro does exist. Ordered mine from B&H on Sunday, for USD $ 1,749, and received it today. Box is labelled as Smart Controller, yet picture was updated to the RC Pro. Pulled the SC Pro out of the carry case and verified using the label on the back and the different gimbal stick design. Charging everything right now, so will let everyone know about connectivity to the Air 2S and firmware.

Don
Interesting! I got my order 2 days ago from Crutchfield and it did contain the RC Pro, but the box picture etc. showed the original. But who cares! I ended up solving my initial issues with the RC Pro (hdmi to Fat Shark HDO2) and took some flights. I have to say that the connection is much better and if it gets dicey much better handled by this controller than the original Smart Controller. I flew out well over two miles and I still had 4 bars solidly (it looks like 5 bars is truly just proximity). Not sure how much farther I could have gone but I was closing in on 50% battery. So I started heading back. Total distance I flew was nearly 8 miles. Not a single issue.

Reactions: whatevva
My Air 2S (firmware update to V02.04.2.120) works with the RC Pro (DJI Fly 1.5.4).

Don
Did you buy the stand alone RC Pro, or the combo? I bought the stand alone version, and am having to wait for a RC Pro firmware update for it to work with my Air 2s. The build number of my RC Pro is 01.00.04.00, so it only pairs with a Mavic3. DJI assured me an update will be coming so my RC pro will eventually pair with the Air 2s

Bought the Combo (DJI Air 2S + RC Pro in same box). Looks like it is the build on the RC Pro that allows for connection to the Air 2S. My build number looks to be newer. Would speculate that a newer one should be available for you soon.

At the end of the day, your in HI and I’m in CT. That should make us even :)

Did you buy the stand alone RC Pro, or the combo? I bought the stand alone version, and am having to wait for a RC Pro firmware update for it to work with my Air 2s. The build number of my RC Pro is 01.00.04.00, so it only pairs with a Mavic3. DJI assured me an update will be coming so my RC pro will eventually pair with the Air 2s
I paid $30 to get the Air2S firmware installed in my RC Pro. It now works perfectly.

Reactions: projectarjun
Has anyone tried getting the Air 2s rc pro combo from Amazon?

I ordered from Amazon and it came with the RC Pro (as did a couple of others on the DJI Forums) They aren't advertising it like B&H and Drone Nerds do, but that's what we got. I guess no guarantee in case they have old stock lying around somewhere, but recent orders all seem to be RC Pro.

I ordered from Amazon and it came with the RC Pro (as did a couple of others on the DJI Forums) They aren't advertising it like B&H and Drone Nerds do, but that's what we got. I guess no guarantee in case they have old stock lying around somewhere, but recent orders all seem to be RC Pro.
Thanks.

FYI if anyone’s looking for another option besides B&H or Drone Nerds, I got my combo from Crutchfield.
Is drone needs a legit retailer?

I was assuming “yes” but they are getting really roasted on trustpilot

I think 88% are one star. I was about to order this RC Pro combo too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan