DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S found on the ground crashed.

Reactions: mavictk
@Maviac I use AirData on a regular basis for my Air 2s. I also use it for my Spark.
Are you sure you tried to upload the correct txt file?

So where is the full AirData record for the flight, including battery with active link to view the notifications video?

So where is the full AirData record for the flight, including battery with active link to view the notifications video?
That would be for the owner to post NOT me.
Besides, I do not post logs from my account, I did that once and only once and even when I deleted the log from airdata, as is my habit, it persisted in the thread.
I do not remember the thread nor the forum so I can't check if it is still visible but I will not make the same mistake again.

That would be for the owner to post NOT me.
Besides, I do not post logs from my account, I did that once and only once and even when I deleted the log from airdata, as is my habit, it persisted in the thread.
I do not remember the thread nor the forum so I can't check if it is still visible but I will not make the same mistake again.
Actually, I wouldn't post mine public either; I do my own analysis.

My Air 2S is linked to Airdata and flights are listed there.

Is this the page you were looking at?

The Air 2S exclusion is with respect to direct upload of .dat files. The next sections talk about .txt files and auto uploads.
Ok, I was able to upload to AirData and the site is amazing but I did not find anything that jumped out as a problem. Of course I have to humbly admit I lack expertise but AirData does a good job of finding issues it appears.

Ok, I was able to upload to AirData and the site is amazing but I did not find anything that jumped out as a problem. Of course I have to humbly admit I lack expertise but AirData does a good job of finding issues it appears.
AirData does have amazing information. If you upgrade you can then see winds aloft--that's for future. I would like at battery information for a clue of sudden electrical loss. Battery graph should show decline; I suspect yours just stops as if someone just cut if off. You can look at amps graph but I suspect the same thing--just stops You can look at the amps draw for purple lines.
My own suspicion is sudden loss of battery contact, otherwise you would have some warning messages. Even some connection issues would have warnings.
Enjoy learning more from AirData on future flights after you get a new drone.

My interpretation is sudden electrical/power loss as the graphs show no issues. What does your main page show for %battery at start and end?
What is the visual condition of the battery? Is there any damage or any swelling? Is there any damage to the battery contact wires or spacers?
DJI could get more information from encrypted log files on the drone.

My interpretation is sudden electrical/power loss as the graphs show no issues. What does your main page show for %battery at start and end?
What is the visual condition of the battery? Is there any damage or any swelling? Is there any damage to the battery contact wires or spacers?
DJI could get more information from encrypted log files on the drone.
No swelling. There is a mark on the battery edge but no damage. Thanks for the tip about looking at the contacts because I failed to do so before your question. The contacts look good.

Out of curiosity you might placer another battery in the drone to see if it will power on--with errors. If you do, first inspect the battery contacts in the drone and look for broken spaces between wires first

No swelling. There is a mark on the battery edge but no damage. Thanks for the tip about looking at the contacts because I failed to do so before your question. The contacts look good.

Out of curiosity you might placer another battery in the drone to see if it will power on--with errors. If you do, first inspect the battery contacts in the drone and look for broken spaces between wires first
I did put another battery in the drone to see if the drone body had been damage and it fit fine. I did not try a power on because of the condition of the drone.
Earlier today I sent the drone to DJI and asked for a data analysis. I provided them a link to the DAT files as well.

Even a properly locked in place battery can be ejected due to a crash. I know that from experience.
Finding the battery next to the drone would mean it was ejected when the drone crashed, not before; but it doesn't indicate if the battery was really locked place during flight.
I was checking battery locking on my Air 2S. It's hard to push in place without getting full lock, but if do it carefully it is possible, but highly unlikely as it had to try real hard to stop at an exact point and even then I could l could not pull the battery out. So, unless there is some damage to the battery locking mechanism I think it would be extremely difficult have the batter inserted and NOT locked.
How much charge is remaining on the ejected battery?

Even a properly locked in place battery can be ejected due to a crash. I know that from experience.
Finding the battery next to the drone would mean it was ejected when the drone crashed, not before; but it doesn't indicate if the battery was really locked place during flight.
I was checking battery locking on my Air 2S. It's hard to push in place without getting full lock, but if do it carefully it is possible, but highly unlikely as it had to try real hard to stop at an exact point and even then I could l could not pull the battery out. So, unless there is some damage to the battery locking mechanism I think it would be extremely difficult have the batter inserted and NOT locked.
How much charge is remaining on the ejected battery?
Just about 80% battery remained. When I get the drone back I am going to experiment with putting the battery in the drone and then lifting the drone by the battery to see how hard I have to push to make sure it is actually locked.

Did you send the Air 2s to DJI for repair or to a private business. DJI should have requested you send the crashed battery back and then for your "repair" cost you'd get a replacement drone and new battery.

Did you send the Air 2s to DJI for repair or to a private business. DJI should have requested you send the crashed battery back and then for your "repair" cost you'd get a replacement drone and new battery.
I did sent it to DJI but did not send the battery. When they contact me I will ask if they want the battery. BTW how does one ship a battery like this with all of its potential energy? Just use a lipo bag? Drain the battery first?

I did sent it to DJI but did not send the battery. When they contact me I will ask if they want the battery. BTW how does one ship a battery like this with all of its potential energy? Just use a lipo bag? Drain the battery first?
When I filled out the CareRefresh there was an option to check for replacement battery. Rather than ask questions about shipping, I just shipped packed in my own box In less than 2 weeks I had a replacement drone and battery.

When I filled out the CareRefresh there was an option to check for replacement battery. Rather than ask questions about shipping, I just shipped packed in my own box In less than 2 weeks I had a replacement drone and battery.
The good news is that you had Care Refresh. I do not :-(

The good news is that you had Care Refresh. I do not :-(
Replacement should work the same, almost. I had some unresolved gimbal and camera error messages on my Spark and they weren't directly related to a crash. It was more than 2 years years old--no CareRefresh. I communicatged with DJI support (this was after my Air 2s) and they requested I return the drone AND controlller--not battery. I got a replacement drone and controller--with an offer to purchase CareRefresh, which I did not because the Spark doesn't have the same value as the Air 2s.
By the way, I saw Best Buy and Amazon have the Air 2s combo package at $200 off right now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851